So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit disappointed with price of gen3
2020 screw 800a package was 58k plus 3.5K for 801a
2021 starts at 66k plus 6.5k for 801a.
That’s a huge price increase for baseically the same drivetrain and arguably same if not worse exterior design.
Gen2 model was always considered a value compared to the competition. My scab 800a msrp was 54k and made it a great deal compared to what you get with the gladiator and the rebel. I definitely can’t say the same for gen3. The v6 base comes too close to the trx base price for what is missing at the heart with a v8 and 200 less HP.
At 60k base price I had no question in my mind that I’d pick the gen3 base over trx and happily live with the v6 and easily justify the 12k gap. But at a mere 6k or the price of 801 package now the trx seems like a deal too good to pass.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a huge price increase for baseically the same drivetrain and arguably same if not worse exterior design.
Gen2 model was always considered a value compared to the competition. My scab 800a msrp was 54k and made it a great deal compared to what you get with the gladiator and the rebel. I definitely can’t say the same for gen3. The v6 base comes too close to the trx base price for what is missing at the heart with a v8 and 200 less HP.
At 60k base price I had no question in my mind that I’d pick the gen3 base over trx and happily live with the v6 and easily justify the 12k gap. But at a mere 6k or the price of 801 package now the trx seems like a deal too good to pass.

Apples and oranges. 2020 800a equivalent is gone. Old 801a is new 800a. Old 802a is now 801a. Price didn't go up that much. A decent rear suspension is big. Quit whining.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
:fishing1: Ha They left me behind at like $50k so I’m just here for the laughs at this point. Who cares about the price increase when every vehicle does the same thing in every new generation. A newer truck with some upgrades will logically cost more on top of the massive inflation going you’re lucky it isn’t more. If those few thousands of dollars make or break the bank on buying a Raptor than why is paying even more for a TRX the right choice? Enjoy those TRX gas prices :eek:

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me amongst the group that is disappointed with the price increase as well. I don't care if some of it is 'justified' by higher equipment levels. I don't want leather, sunroofs, electronic this n' that in a truck. I want a V8 and a great suspension. I knew the independent rear was going to come with a price tag but this is a bit hard to swallow. Looks like I will pass on the generation and maybe wait for the Ranger Raptor which is a more useable size for what I want to do with it anyway.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:fishing1: If those few thousands of dollars make or break the bank on buying a Raptor than why is paying even more for a TRX the right choice? Enjoy those TRX gas prices :eek:

The guy is clearly trolling. I should not have responded. I suspect that none of the people threatening to buy a TRX over a Raptor will ever buy either one ...

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don’t like the fact that the new pricing has made it less accessible to a lot of folks. Like you said, your SCAB 800a was 54k. How much were the Gen 1s when they were around? The cost of admission and options is getting a tad ridiculous, even if the new “base” options are equivalent to the old 801A package.