So.......anyone try these. I might have to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheels are balanced, the shaft and turbine wheel are all balanced individually. I have actually done about a dozen of them on the 7.3 PSD, actually getting ready to do another, that is how I stumbled on to the Raptor version.

The 7.3 is a big turbo, spins about 110,000 rpm. These little eco-boost turbos are 180,000 + rpm, so yea it wouldn't take much to F something up.
Swore back in the day they were actually balanced as an assembly. But hey, I've been out of the game for so long I'd have thought we'd have caught up to the Jetson's by now.

JD05

Reaction score
Wicked Wheel for Raptor. Made a noticeable improvement on my 7.3 PSD.

On the PSD the turbo is noticeably louder (turbo whistle). I would assume that is the trade off and why the factory wheel is not as aggressive. Also on the PSD the oem wheel was cast not billet, that made it a lot heavier, not sure if that is the case on the ecoboost.

It is possible that a wheel replacement can be a significant performance increase. But it could also be a minimal gain and maybe worse with back pressure numbers etc. If you were into the old school diesel performance 7.3 stuff we could have a lot in common lol. I have a 3.5 myself and really want to do a turbo upgrade but I'm worried about who can tune it etc.