So.......anyone try these. I might have to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wicked Wheel for Raptor. Made a noticeable improvement on my 7.3 PSD.

On the PSD the turbo is noticeably louder (turbo whistle). I would assume that is the trade off and why the factory wheel is not as aggressive. Also on the PSD the oem wheel was cast not billet, that made it a lot heavier, not sure if that is the case on the ecoboost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because we all have the equipment to balance turbo wheels at 250,000 RPM? Or whatever these are turning…
The wheels are balanced, the shaft and turbine wheel are all balanced individually. I have actually done about a dozen of them on the 7.3 PSD, actually getting ready to do another, that is how I stumbled on to the Raptor version.

The 7.3 is a big turbo, spins about 110,000 rpm. These little eco-boost turbos are 180,000 + rpm, so yea it wouldn't take much to F something up.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sounds cool. I'd like to see some vids, hopefully without down pipes and aftermarket exhaust, to hear the difference over stock.