Show Me Your Built Right Bedside Rack Setups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Nice but of no real use to me, I have 60% down permanent w/ a 5.5 year old & 15 month old car seats, 80 lb dobie takes up the rest w/ pad, I use a low profile sliding rubber made type storage box for under the seat I need to be able to slide it in & out easily since I can’t really flip up the seats lol

Makes sense why it wouldn’t work for you!

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still some things left...but pretty far along...

View attachment 162732
I thought someone had asked this (maybe it was another thread) but what carpeted liner/mat is that you on the floor of the bed? I like the look of that and it seems it is more cushioned and forgiving than than the liner I have in mine currently.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful setup! Is that a Pelican cargo case? But you aren't securing it with the cross-box attachment kit? Can you tell me more about the case and how you have it secured?

Funny you ask. This is has become an ordeal. I ordered the BX135 Pelican with the Ford Boxlink mounts. Every site showed these as compatible. I went to install and the mount is about 1/2inch short on each side. The further research I did, it turns out the Ford Boxlink mount from Pelican only works on the BX255(larger size than mine). Even though sites said it would work. Here are the options for securing.

Option 1 - I was thinking about adding some metal spacers on the mount to get it to fit, but really didn't like the stability of it.
Option 2 - Which is was you see in the previous pics, was just a strap running over it. (temporary solution)
Option 3 - I just did this today. I bought some short marine straps and did what you see below. This is my favorite until I find something better. I can't find straps short enough to secure into the side, this would be my preference, but I need a 1ft strap....I don't even know if they make it that short....still looking,.
Option 4 - wait for Pelican to come out with a mount system that fits.
Option 5 - Try the universal mount that attaches to the upper bed rail, not the boxlink system. I am not crazy about this for some reason.
Option 6 - Get the larger BX255

Overall I think the Boxlink on the larger pelican would be great. it has quick release pins etc. There are a couple downsides to the boxlink mount in my opinion. 1) you can't push the case all the flush with the back of the truck bed, so you lose a 3-4 inches us space(I guess you could store your recovery boards back there) but the largest issue for me was I would have lost the BuiltRight mounts on the back sides.

Overall I like the case because it does have the ties down plates and gives you a lot of places to secure into(sides, front, etc)

IMG_7319.jpg

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
DINOZR

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you ask. This is has become an ordeal. I ordered the BX135 Pelican with the Ford Boxlink mounts. Every site showed these as compatible. I went to install and the mount is about 1/2inch short on each side. The further research I did, it turns out the Ford Boxlink mount from Pelican only works on the BX255(larger size than mine). Even though sites said it would work. Here are the options for securing.

Option 1 - I was thinking about adding some metal spacers on the mount to get it to fit, but really didn't like the stability of it.
Option 2 - Which is was you see in the previous pics, was just a strap running over it. (temporary solution)
Option 3 - I just did this today. I bought some short marine straps and did what you see below. This is my favorite until I find something better. I can't find straps short enough to secure into the side, this would be my preference, but I need a 1ft strap....I don't even know if they make it that short....still looking,.
Option 4 - wait for Pelican to come out with a mount system that fits.
Option 5 - Try the universal mount that attaches to the upper bed rail, not the boxlink system. I am not crazy about this for some reason.
Option 6 - Get the larger BX255

Overall I think the Boxlink on the larger pelican would be great. it has quick release pins etc. There are a couple downsides to the boxlink mount in my opinion. 1) you can't push the case all the flush with the back of the truck bed, so you lose a 3-4 inches us space(I guess you could store your recovery boards back there) but the largest issue for me was I would have lost the BuiltRight mounts on the back sides.

Overall I like the case because it does have the ties down plates and gives you a lot of places to secure into(sides, front, etc)

View attachment 162847

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am working on mounting a Milwaukee Packout tool box in the bed to the box link system. I have mounted a dual battery system inside it to power air compressor, bed lights, and a frig. And mounting any reasonable size case to the box link is a real science project. I don’t want to go up to the size of the bx255 either. The small saddle mount box would be perfect. But alas, it’s been very difficult to figure out mounting a case of any type in the bed without drilling the bed.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Does it clean up pretty easily? And does it prevent stuff from sliding around?

I currently have a rubber mat that I thought would keep things from sliding as easily as they did on the spray-in liner.

Setup is breeze. Stuff def slides around obviously. but not as bad as the liner.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed reply. I am working on mounting a Milwaukee Packout tool box in the bed to the box link system. I have mounted a dual battery system inside it to power air compressor, bed lights, and a frig. And mounting any reasonable size case to the box link is a real science project. I don’t want to go up to the size of the bx255 either. The small saddle mount box would be perfect. But alas, it’s been very difficult to figure out mounting a case of any type in the bed without drilling the bed.

I would say that the Pelican Cargo offers the most and easiest tie down points of any case. not perfect, but at least gets you close.