Short wife and big truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I am almost to the point of ordering a Raptor, but the wife is giving me some pushback. She is 5'4" and is concerned about the size of the raptor in relation to: getting it in, driving it, backing up, and getting our 2 year old son in and out of the car seat.
Today we looked at an FX4 and a Raptor and there is about a 2" different in height from what I can tell. She didn't seem too concerned with the FX4 height, but started getting worried with relation to the size of the Raptor.
We were planning on doing a test drive, but go figure, there were no sales people available at the time and with it being 115 degrees here in Phoenix, we decided to leave an come back later.
SO the question I have for you guys is: For those of you that have short wives/girlfriends, what is their reaction to the Raptor based off the above issues?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
she should eat her wheaties

my wife didnt complain when we were looking at a truck recently she is 5'6"
she didnt like the steps?

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna need adjustable pedals. My wife is 5'2" and does just fine in the Raptor.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
my gf is like 5'6 and im around 5"10. I have no problems and even removed my running boards. My girlfriend how ever constantly complains that it's hard for her to pull up to the seat even withthe handle, impossible in heels and skirt, so i just pick her up and throw her in lol. My mom is like 5'5 and she complaints too when i come see her every now and then.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my gf is like 5'6 and im around 5"10. I have no problems and even removed my running boards. My girlfriend how ever constantly complains that it's hard for her to pull up to the seat even withthe handle, impossible in heels and skirt, so i just pick her up and throw her in lol. My mom is like 5'5 and she complaints too when i come see her every now and then.
tell her that the heels can stay but the skirts gotta go

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh for pete's sake, the lady has absolutely nothing to worry about because you're NOT going to let her drive it.

My wife has never even been in the driver's seat of mine. No need. She doesn't have a key.

VelociRaptor800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Raptor is built like a tank so I don't think you'll have a problem with the 2 year old being safe. You should probally go with a Crew Cab just for the little guys sake but you can still do with an extended cab if it's gotta third door which I think it does. And she'll be ok once she drives it :)

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I'm 5'3". I've driven the Rap a few times and did not have a problem. She will just have to make use of the step getting in and out and loading the kiddo in the back.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
like others have said driving it should be no problem...and the running boards make it easy to get in.