Short wife and big truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe I've got you all beat... My wife is 4'10" and when we went to go test drive the Rap for the first time, the first thing she said is "OOOO I could drive this!" Seat super elevated, adjustable pedals all the way up. But yeah I think she'll be ok. Of course my reaction to her comment was, "How? You would need to pry the keys out of my cold dead hands first..."

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since she's ok with the FX4, it sounds she may just be intimated by the Raptor and just not too sure you need that kind of vehicle since you've got a family now. You just need to work on overcoming her objections. Takes time and persistence. Mine thought she had me with the Nope, it won't fit in the garage. Quit looking at Screws and found a Scab. Fits with one inch to spare. That beast was already in the garage by the time she came home from work!

And turns out our two kids fit fine in the back - carseats and all. Now she actually enjoys driving it plus the attention she gets. Guys are crazy about girls driving Raptors!

Last edited:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the feedback. Now I just have to get her back to the dealer to actually do the test drive. I have her sold on the backup sensors and camera. The sad part is that she will rarely drive it, but she wants to be sure. Like that "rare" occasion that she has to drive my drunk ass home from happy hour.
I have already done the foot work to find 2 dealers that are willing to order me a 2013 for $500 over invoice. Now I just have to finalize the deal with the "boss".

Just so you aren't surprised, there aren't any backup sensors. It really surprised me when I found out. This is the case on the 2012's at least, not sure if sensors were added on the '13s...

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so you aren't surprised, there aren't any backup sensors. It really surprised me when I found out. This is the case on the 2012's at least, not sure if sensors were added on the '13s...

The 2013's have added; (some are part of option packages) power telescoping steering columns, rear back up sensors, HID's, Beadlock-ready wheels and the new terrain color. Anyone know of any additional changes?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 2013's have added; (some are part of option packages) power telescoping steering columns, rear back up sensors, HID's, Beadlock-ready wheels and the new terrain color. Anyone know of any additional changes?

Supposedly the roof line has changed, but I cannot tell from the photos. Also, according to some early 2013 Raptor renderings released by Ford, the rear 3rd brakelight/cargo light lens has also been changed (again the actual photos do not show this).

You can check out the photos here if you'd like...
2013 Ford F150 SVT Raptor Live Photo Gallery - Autoblog