Short wife and big truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And as Nv Guy said, the 2011 and later have adjustable pedals, so she should be able to adjust the seat and pedals to reach everything and be comfortable, but here is a learning curve when driving g a larger vehicle, FX4 or Raptor, she should be fine....

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
My GF is 5'3-5'4 and is FULLY capable of handling, getting in, etc.

PLUS I took off the side step because I am 6'4 and don't need them.

Tell her to CALM DOWN and just get it.

you're 6'4"? don't be BSing us...i've met you and you were up to my shoulder! :lol2:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
And as Nv Guy said, the 2011 and later have adjustable pedals, so she should be able to adjust the seat and pedals to reach everything and be comfortable, but here is a learning curve when driving g a larger vehicle, FX4 or Raptor, she should be fine....

My early 2010 model has adjustable pedals. It just doesn't have the telescoping steering column.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Nemesis

Nemesis

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the feedback. Now I just have to get her back to the dealer to actually do the test drive. I have her sold on the backup sensors and camera. The sad part is that she will rarely drive it, but she wants to be sure. Like that "rare" occasion that she has to drive my drunk ass home from happy hour.
I have already done the foot work to find 2 dealers that are willing to order me a 2013 for $500 over invoice. Now I just have to finalize the deal with the "boss".

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 5'3" wife and a 35" 2 year old, neither have a problem getting in and out. All on how you approach it.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just FYI, only the 2013's will have backup sensors and that's with the luxury package.

My girlfriend is 5'5" and no problems getting in the truck. She even said that she doesn't like the running boards. I haven't taken them off because my mom rides my truck too.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my sister is like 5'6". gets in and out no problem, my nephews are 4' something and have 0 problems getting into the truck. course all of us have had trucks to get into our whole lives, so we just know what to do.