Settle down, suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
I can't take credit, as this was buried in a thread talking about how the Raptor assault team recommended tire setups

I'm running (cold) 37 front 33 rear, and the truck is like a new ride. The suspension lost all the chatter and noise that was driving me crazy.

I was at 45 from the dealer, and then I lowered to 40, but the suspension noise remained. Dropping it further and especially the rear seems to be perfect, at least for me, as I'm running an empty bed most of the time.

MrBuddha

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting; I drove out to Raptor Assault a week ago from California at about 38 cold (~42 warm). They said they ran their trucks at 28 front / 32 rear, so I lowered my tires down to 32F/34R (cold) and the truck rides nice. The difference is subtle...but definitely nice. I think I'll keep them at this pressure for awhile and see what happens.

Tires have been wearing evenly with about 20K miles over 14 months of ownership at ~38psi.

@Donmatteo What tires were you running where you noticed uneven/funky wear?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting; I drove out to Raptor Assault a week ago from California at about 38 cold (~42 warm). They said they ran their trucks at 28 front / 32 rear, so I lowered my tires down to 32F/34R (cold) and the truck rides nice. The difference is subtle...but definitely nice. I think I'll keep them at this pressure for awhile and see what happens.

Tires have been wearing evenly with about 20K miles over 14 months of ownership at ~38psi.

The stock K02's.

They were wearing on the outsides and feathering causing A LOT of road noise. Started on my first set about 15k miles from new and my second set was about 18k from new on my 2019. On my 2018 it was about 17k before I noticed the noise but the wear started about 3k from new for all.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Are you sure it wasn't 32 front and 28 rear? That's more in line with how they ran the gen 2s. You could also do the chalk test if you want it perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc