Suspension Upgrade Starting Point - Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Jeff at SVC. I have been down this path, and he was a huge help. There is a step-wise way to go about improving everything. I will say that the truck will not change dramatically unless you change the geometry and add mid-travel. I found replacing the OEM shocks to be a waste of money and wish I had gone mid-travel out of the gate. If you are not offroading, this is, of course, overkill. My truck is 100% SVC, and it's hard to describe how fun it is. If you have desert access, do it. I am selling my Gen 2, and my R shows up today. I am building the same truck again.

If you are hauling stuff in the bed, rear shocks, deavers and bumps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
Call Jeff at SVC. I have been down this path, and he was a huge help. There is a step-wise way to go about improving everything. I will say that the truck will not change dramatically unless you change the geometry and add mid-travel. I found replacing the OEM shocks to be a waste of money and wish I had gone mid-travel out of the gate. If you are not offroading, this is, of course, overkill. My truck is 100% SVC, and it's hard to describe how fun it is. If you have desert access, do it. I am selling my Gen 2, and my R shows up today. I am building the same truck again.

If you are hauling stuff in the bed, rear shocks, deavers and bumps.

This is the info i'm looking for....might as well save up and then go with the midtravel package

abelincoln

Reaction score
do me a favor and keep us posted please - I'm contemplating the same decision on roughly the same budget. Curious to know how it all works out for you MLAX.

Abe

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going down this rabbit hole now.

Got the FRS 3.0's first as my stock shocks were due for a rebuild.

Next on the list are Deavers/Icon leafs. May just go the Deaver route as they've been tried and true.
Bumpstops. SVC seems like the top one. Going to go over them one more time factoring in install and ease/difficulty there.

All the above is in the $8-10k+ range, and I wanted to spend ~6k now and then the remaining early next year.