Suspension Upgrade Starting Point - Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
With a budget of 6-7 K, FFRS in front and Deavers + 3 in back with stock shocks and possibly enough left over for SVC bump stop kit. If not, do SDHQ bumpstop relocation kit.
I probably should have added that I don’t want to significantly lift the truck. Is SVC generally recommended? They seem to have various kits available

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6-7K for 37s is prob gonna be a decent bit short, if you are going to offroad.
I was just going to say, based on my research so far, 37s even in stock form do not seem to be an issue including reports from folks jumping and going super Aggro off-road. Maybe the Nittos are unusually large?
37s with stock wheels and offset may "fit", but i think theyll rub when turning and hitting bumps on the street with the stock lift. Offroad your fenders will get absolutely destroyed and even with a lift it may not be perfect, but itll be better than running a setup that has more offset.
K02s run a tad smaller compared to others, believe the nittos are a bit taller comparatively, but i hate them, loud, heavy, and they suck in the rain. Not sure how the 37 cooper at3s run next to the 37 k02s but i like my 35 coopers a lot.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably should have added that I don’t want to significantly lift the truck. Is SVC generally recommended? They seem to have various kits available
I’ve watched videos on both the RPG and SVC. From a do it yourself standpoint, I think the SVC kit is a little easier to install and they offer the Fox 2in bump versus the 2.5 Fox and King bumps. I kind of believe the guy from SVC’s install video that the 2.5 is overkill for “ most” of us and the 2in is a better fit and somewhat cheaper than the 2.5 bumps. I’ve looked at others, like Camberg, I guess all of them are quality. It’s like new wheels, too many options, I’ve just picked SVC as the kit I want. I currently have the SQHD relocation kit and RPG extension, it’s better than nothing, and possible all I need since I don’t have access to high speed wheeling, although I’ve been eyeing some local corn fields they cut a few weeks ago…. how much trouble could I get into….

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score

37s with stock wheels and offset may "fit", but i think theyll rub when turning and hitting bumps on the street with the stock lift. Offroad your fenders will get absolutely destroyed and even with a lift it may not be perfect, but itll be better than running a setup that has more offset.
K02s run a tad smaller compared to others, believe the nittos are a bit taller comparatively, but i hate them, loud, heavy, and they suck in the rain. Not sure how the 37 cooper at3s run next to the 37 k02s but i like my 35 coopers a lot.
6-7k is just for the suspension. Not including tires and/or wheels

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
I’ve watched videos on both the RPG and SVC. From a do it yourself standpoint, I think the SVC kit is a little easier to install and they offer the Fox 2in bump versus the 2.5 Fox and King bumps. I kind of believe the guy from SVC’s install video that the 2.5 is overkill for “ most” of us and the 2in is a better fit and somewhat cheaper than the 2.5 bumps. I’ve looked at others, like Camberg, I guess all of them are quality. It’s like new wheels, too many options, I’ve just picked SVC as the kit I want. I currently have the SQHD relocation kit and RPG extension, it’s better than nothing, and possible all I need since I don’t have access to high speed wheeling, although I’ve been eyeing some local corn fields they cut a few weeks ago…. how much trouble could I get into….
I don’t plan to install this myself

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
With a budget of 6-7 K, FFRS in front and Deavers + 3 in back with stock shocks and possibly enough left over for SVC bump stop kit. If not, do SDHQ bumpstop relocation kit.
Not yet.
This is a good start. You will also need to do the pinch weld mod to run 37s.
No
good, otherwise you’re down the rabbit hole.

Not really, it depends on his use case.

Is it really a "mod" when it involves a mallet?
Why yes... Yes it is.

The first thing is to decide on the ultimate goal and why you want it, because if I were a betting man, unless you’re @KentSD, you’re not overrunning the suspension you have.
The one thing that you must account for is the ancient rear suspension design and its limitations. Factor in money for either a torque arm or traction bars ( SVC I think are the go to ?) I have the torque arm, @Nex has t/b.

from there, decide what’s left - figure about 1500 for either and see what you can afford. I’d suggest staying close to stock height regardless.

OP
OP
M

mlax

Reaction score
Not yet.

No

good, otherwise you’re down the rabbit hole.

Not really, it depends on his use case.

Why yes... Yes it is.

The first thing is to decide on the ultimate goal and why you want it, because if I were a betting man, unless you’re @KentSD, you’re not overrunning the suspension you have.
The one thing that you must account for is the ancient rear suspension design and its limitations. Factor in money for either a torque arm or traction bars ( SVC I think are the go to ?) I have the torque arm, @Nex has t/b.

from there, decide what’s left - figure about 1500 for either and see what you can afford. I’d suggest staying close to stock height regardless.
ok thats good to know....just playing around on the SVC site
1701802524498.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I was just going to say, based on my research so far, 37s even in stock form do not seem to be an issue including reports from folks jumping and going super Aggro off-road. Maybe the Nittos are unusually large?

Are you sure those you were looking at were Gen 2s? Gen 3s seem to have an easier time running 37s on a 35 truck. Gen 2 require work to make them "fit."

Is it really a "mod" when it involves a mallet?

Hold on, I'll be right with you...

O-vaR9.gif

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That looks like a good price on the trac bars. I can’t comment on the other components but seems like close to your budget.