Seriously!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brace37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm overseas and my Dad is looking after my Raptor.

I ordered some new wheels/tires and asked him to get an estimate from the dealer on doing the perch mod and mounting the new shoes. The person that took the call had no idea and would check and call back.

Dealer just called back and said "Raptor shocks are not adjustable." :jaw drop:

Needless to say, theres one Dealer in Northwest Arkansas that will never touch my Raptor...period.

Anyone in the NW Arkansas area have any recommendations of knowledgable shops?

Thanks,
Brace

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its seems many dealers have no clue about this. kinda crazy that these guys arent doing their homework on THEIR vehicles. i know this isnt an everyday truck but still get with it dealerships!

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better be careful having a dealer do it. There was a thread on here earlier last year where somebody had a dealer do it and they took a hammer to his shocks instead of loosening the set screw. Just saying if they don't know don't do it. There is an excellent video on this forum on doing it yourself. Get or rent a decent spring compressor and do it right.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its seems many dealers have no clue about this. kinda crazy that these guys arent doing their homework on THEIR vehicles. i know this isnt an everyday truck but still get with it dealerships!

Mine said the same thing and started telling me about a lift kit he did to his F-150 blah blah blah. Pretty frustrating schooling these guys on their product.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit..bring it to Nashville. We'll do it for free alongside mine. I won't let the dealerships around here touch my stuff.

OP
OP
B

Brace37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hrmmm..

The Ford Service Manager called my Dad back today. He said his lead truck mech did some research online and they are comfortable doing the perch mod. They quoted $419 for the perch mod, mounting and balancing my new wheels/tires, and the alignment.

The only Raptor they've actually touched was mine when I had the oil changed a couple months ago...and the fact that someone actually took the time to look up the procedure and called my Dad back gives me a little more confidence that they can do a good job..

...we shall see.