Sell now or trade in later for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSRQ

Reaction score
I am not an economist. I don't know shit about shit. But I know I am seeing simultaneous price increases on autos, homes, raw materials for building, and professional labor salaries. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

What goes up must come down.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in TN it has been a fairly good buyers market until end of summer when all when interest rates dropped and all the sudden there were no raptors being produced I believe in several months. Now lightly used is selling for MSRP.
I bought a 2020 a year ago for invoice. I really really doubt we will see that for several years if ever again. Money is cheap everyone can get low rates, stock market is rocking and the supply demand has tipped the other way big time. I want an R like everyone but no sure i will be able to make happen. Hoping the regular 2021 has 500 horsepower to make it less tempting but probably Just 470/475 and 540 ish tq so they can say it has more.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh crystal ball..........

Basically your going to sell high now and buy high when the Raptor R lands. Sure this may be the peak time for Gen 2 values, but have to believe the drop in value will be a taper. If you don’t mind being out of a Raptor for a year give it take and won’t be sticker shocked at R pricing and probable ADM’s even if you have plenty of money to spend.

To me it’s like what the hell am I going to drive truck wise right now if I bail out of my Gen 2? Even if I want a Gen 3, the best version of it is a couple of years after it’s released and prices settle.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As has been pointed out, it's definitely a Seller's market right now, and if you can live without a Raptor for a few years then by all means. You'll just need to figure out what you'll use in the interim.

FWIW and IMHO, I don't see the "R" being available until '22 at the earliest, and may not even be out until '23, if ever. Who knows??????

OP
OP
B

Barbanator319

Reaction score
Probably just gonna sell the truck, put the money in some stocks and hopefully come out with a paid off Raptor R in 2 years

Lacajun25

Reaction score
As already mentioned, prices for used raptors are really high right now. You’re probably at the peak of what you could get in terms of value.

If you hold out and trade in, you could probably save on sales tax as the trade in is often usually deducted from price to figure out tax.

You’d have about $53k selling it now to put in the market. You’ll need about a 50% return to get the the new truck free and clear assuming an 80k invoice.

Hell, if you get lucky with one of these meme sticks you’d have enough for a few houses , raptors at each house and money left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk