Sell now or trade in later for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
$69,250 was the offer for my 19 w 15,750 miles. Problem is I don't have a replacement for it.

That's nuts. What was sticker on yours?

Love my truck but the idea that it's worth more than I paid for it after 18 months makes me consider swapping it for a manual Taco and Model 3.

MrCincinnati

Reaction score
Wow! I hadn’t even checked values lately until this thread. Kbb.com had my ‘20 with 11k mi (every option) at $76k... that’s almost exactly what I bought it for. Insane.
For the OP - eh if you’re dead set on getting a Raptor R - probably going to pay some arbitrary markup so not really sure it matters where you nip tuck savings - some dealer is going to set a price and you’ll either pay it or wait. For me the cost to replace the truck in the interim and get into a high demand new model would completely negate timing best trade in value for my current.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering selling as well with this market. Just for fun I hit up GiveMeTheVin this evening and got an offer for 68k with zero pictures sent to them. The issue is, what the hell would I move on to? I paid around 60k for mine, but unless I am finding something that's at 60k or less to replace my raptor, I'm not really making money in the end.

Everything in the used truck market is up around me as well so that's a moot point. I need a truck for hauling various things in the bed so it's not an option to go without really.

For reference I have a '19 with 20,050 miles, 802a, tech, bedliner, second row heat, and beadlocks. I'd be down for making a profit of $8k, but it's a moot point if I'm having to buy new for $65k or more being used trucks are so damn expensive.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
I looked into get me the vin and got an offer for my ‘13 with 43k miles. Got an offer of $36k-39k. They called me later and offered $42k.

I think if you have another vehicle, these prices really make you consider if it’s worth just selling and getting into another raptor later.

The Raptor is my fun vehicle. I have a Prius (yes, I know the absurdity of the situation) as my other car. So I’m not using the truck daily nor am I using it to its max. I like my truck but I have no real experience with other trucks so I have references to what I’m better than or missing out on.

At this point, I’m staying with the raptor since I don’t know what my fun car is going to be. It’s clearly not the Prius [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 58K miles with literally everything. GMTV = 57K
KBB = 61K cash value; 59k trade

hmm...

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not an economist. I don't know shit about shit. But I know I am seeing simultaneous price increases on autos, homes, raw materials for building, and professional labor salaries. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Food. Don’t forget that one, we all gotta eat.

You can’t print 6T dollars and not expect this.

https://time.com/5905902/covid-19-inflation/

gtirella

Reaction score
let the crazy market make your decision for you: if you have a real offer at $68k put it out there at $72k absolutely firm. Don't budge one dollar no matter what. This way you will have no regrets if you sell it. Just be prepared to wait as long as 2 years to get that R. Longer if you want it at msrp.....