Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Sell now or trade in later for Raptor R?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Barbanator319, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Barbanator319

Barbanator319 Member

What do y’all think is best? I owe 15k left on my fully loaded 2019 Raptor, should I sell it now or trade in toward the Raptor R when it comes out?

No Brakes likes this.
  2. Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum Full Access Member

I don’t think the R will be available for a few years

Barbanator319 likes this.
  3. No Brakes

No Brakes Member

Sell it now, buy a bitcoin, and you can buy two raptor R's by the time it comes out.

All jokes aside resale values are ridiculous right now so it's worth considering a sale now if you don't need a truck for a good while.

Barbanator319 likes this.
  4. Barbanator319

Barbanator319 Member

I think the R could be out next year for 2022, Bitcoin if it drops could be interesting.

5. Barbanator319

Barbanator319 Member

What do you think I could get for the fully loaded 19 with 28k miles?
    Highest offer I’ve received is 68k

6. RRRaptorFun

RRRaptorFun Full Access Member

The offer you received is crazy high! If you’re in the market to part with your Raptor...take that offer!

Barbanator319 and DINOZR like this.
  7. melvimbe

melvimbe FRF Addict

The answer really depends on how determined you are to get a Raptor R, regardless of price. If you don't care how much the R will cost, then you aren't gambling on it being 'reasonably' priced, and don't have much to lose. Then again, not sure if it matters what the resale value of your current Raptor matters if you don't care about costs.

I tend to think that although Raptor resale values will go down some, I don't think it will go down much. We are headed towards inflation, and since F150 prices went up some, it stands to reason that the base Raptor will as well. That's good for retaining value of our trucks.

I guess if it were me, I would at least wait until we getting pricing on the '21 Raptors. If the prices stay the same, selling at MSRP and are readily available, then it would have been better to sell now. However, that seems pretty unlikely.

Barbanator319, wweaver and DINOZR like this.
  8. TXRaptor

TXRaptor FRF Addict

Sell it now and wait for the prices to come back down to earth before buying another.

9. DINOZR

DINOZR Full Access Member

I am not an economist. I don't know shit about shit. But I know I am seeing simultaneous price increases on autos, homes, raw materials for building, and professional labor salaries. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

MFNG and MikeE like this.
  10. metaphysician

metaphysician Member

I think Gen 2 prices are really high right now and once people starting trading them in for Gen 3s, inventory will increase and demand/resale will go down. I would sell now if you don't need the truck. Then you're in the best position to order a Raptor R. I don't think we'll hear more about it for 6+ mos. I could really see the Raptor R being a $100K truck.

MFNG likes this.