Sell now or trade in later for Raptor R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barbanator319

Reaction score
What do y’all think is best? I owe 15k left on my fully loaded 2019 Raptor, should I sell it now or trade in toward the Raptor R when it comes out?

OP
OP
B

Barbanator319

Reaction score
What do you think I could get for the fully loaded 19 with 28k miles?
Highest offer I’ve received is 68k

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do y’all think is best? I owe 15k left on my fully loaded 2019 Raptor, should I sell it now or trade in toward the Raptor R when it comes out?

The answer really depends on how determined you are to get a Raptor R, regardless of price. If you don't care how much the R will cost, then you aren't gambling on it being 'reasonably' priced, and don't have much to lose. Then again, not sure if it matters what the resale value of your current Raptor matters if you don't care about costs.

I tend to think that although Raptor resale values will go down some, I don't think it will go down much. We are headed towards inflation, and since F150 prices went up some, it stands to reason that the base Raptor will as well. That's good for retaining value of our trucks.

I guess if it were me, I would at least wait until we getting pricing on the '21 Raptors. If the prices stay the same, selling at MSRP and are readily available, then it would have been better to sell now. However, that seems pretty unlikely.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sell it now and wait for the prices to come back down to earth before buying another.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are headed towards inflation

I am not an economist. I don't know shit about shit. But I know I am seeing simultaneous price increases on autos, homes, raw materials for building, and professional labor salaries. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

metaphysician

Reaction score
I think Gen 2 prices are really high right now and once people starting trading them in for Gen 3s, inventory will increase and demand/resale will go down. I would sell now if you don't need the truck. Then you're in the best position to order a Raptor R. I don't think we'll hear more about it for 6+ mos. I could really see the Raptor R being a $100K truck.