Seeking EDC Loadout Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
3. flashlight

If you’re keeping the light or any other battery powered accessory in the truck all the time, accelerate your battery replacement schedule. The heat of the cab will wear them out a lot faster; co-witness optics are a great idea here, and spare batteries for what you have in the truck, just in case.

Tire plug kit

excellent idea. see below.

An EPC, Emergency Portable Companion

I like where you’re going with this. Is your EPC multi-use?

A manual pump does not take up much room.

+1. I have a VIAIR (?) that’s rated for 33” but works just fine for me. from 20-36 or so in about 5 minutes and will do all 4 tires just fine. Gets HOT as F***, but works.

A couple of MRE's would be a good addition
Unless you’re in the middle of nowhere, there’s usually a pudgy humanoid that can’t outrun you... unless you are that pudgy humanoid - in that case, don’t off road with me, because if push comes to shove, you are a potential food source.

WHAT? @Oldfart gets away with way worse.

in addition to tire plug kit: Basic wrench, sockets, 2 drivers, swivel head, extensions, BFH, pipe / breaker bar, pliers & blow torch, gorilla tape, zip ties, screw drivers, torx bits, hex heads, etc.

This weekend, I took the wife out to Texas W(h)ine country. They’re not joking about it, I’ll bet they have 100 wineries crammed into Frednecksburg alone... Anyway, she had this one as a destination so we get there and I park us next to this peasant in his peasant 7 series. Normally I wouldn’t, but the only other open spot was a little tight for Lucille. She is just big framed... This poor bloke - prior service - has a flat. I ask if he just need air, hook him up, and his ‘must be $300+’ F1 is pissing out air as fast as my compressor is filling it. Upon inspection it’s a 3/8” head screw in his tire and it’s totally deflated. It gets worse - he has no jack, no tire iron, nothing.

I had just pulled out my tool bag and not put it back into the truck for this trip. First, i was just frustrated trying to help this bloke out, but then this feeling of cold numbness overtook me because I realized it could’ve been me. This guy was a fellow vet - and poor car choice aside, him and his guests were stuck. so we dug around and eventually scored a jack, but before he gets the car up I stop him - you should break loose the lug nuts first- only he doesn’t have a wrench, socket nothing so we have to scrounge other guests at the winery to get one. eventually one of the guys who works there has a the tools to get the wheel off. I offered what I could, but damnit I had tools to help this guy in my truck and took them out to go pick stuff up from a store and was just too lazy to put them back. Lesson learned.

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score
If you’re keeping the light or any other battery powered accessory in the truck all the time, accelerate your battery replacement schedule. The heat of the cab will wear them out a lot faster; co-witness optics are a great idea here, and spare batteries for what you have in the truck, just in case.

excellent idea. see below.

I like where you’re going with this. Is your EPC multi-use?

+1. I have a VIAIR (?) that’s rated for 33” but works just fine for me. from 20-36 or so in about 5 minutes and will do all 4 tires just fine. Gets HOT as F***, but works.

Unless you’re in the middle of nowhere, there’s usually a pudgy humanoid that can’t outrun you... unless you are that pudgy humanoid - in that case, don’t off road with me, because if push comes to shove, you are a potential food source.

WHAT? @Oldfart gets away with way worse.

in addition to tire plug kit: Basic wrench, sockets, 2 drivers, swivel head, extensions, BFH, pipe / breaker bar, pliers & blow torch, gorilla tape, zip ties, screw drivers, torx bits, hex heads, etc.

This weekend, I took the wife out to Texas W(h)ine country. They’re not joking about it, I’ll bet they have 100 wineries crammed into Frednecksburg alone... Anyway, she had this one as a destination so we get there and I park us next to this peasant in his peasant 7 series. Normally I wouldn’t, but the only other open spot was a little tight for Lucille. She is just big framed... This poor bloke - prior service - has a flat. I ask if he just need air, hook him up, and his ‘must be $300+’ F1 is pissing out air as fast as my compressor is filling it. Upon inspection it’s a 3/8” head screw in his tire and it’s totally deflated. It gets worse - he has no jack, no tire iron, nothing.

I had just pulled out my tool bag and not put it back into the truck for this trip. First, i was just frustrated trying to help this bloke out, but then this feeling of cold numbness overtook me because I realized it could’ve been me. This guy was a fellow vet - and poor car choice aside, him and his guests were stuck. so we dug around and eventually scored a jack, but before he gets the car up I stop him - you should break loose the lug nuts first- only he doesn’t have a wrench, socket nothing so we have to scrounge other guests at the winery to get one. eventually one of the guys who works there has a the tools to get the wheel off. I offered what I could, but damnit I had tools to help this guy in my truck and took them out to go pick stuff up from a store and was just too lazy to put them back. Lesson learned.

Sucks to ever be in that situation, just inspired me to update my GHB. Been at least 8 years and 4 cars since Ive opened it up and did an actual evaluation of it.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post SS, being a new Raptor owner I was a bit disappointed in that underseat storage compared to my previous lowly Tacoma. Leave it to Amazon, they sell an addition tray that fits next to the primary rear underseat tray. I like your web setup much better.

In the Tacoma I always had a small tool bag, first aid (blowout style) kit, fix a flat can and small 12V pump, plugs and install tools. I carry a PLB in the boonies and water, a large smart water fits easily. Weapons go without saying and my Bear Grylls Gerber survival K-Bar has a flint and compass built in. My primary need to have though is my Smith and Wesson 911 Tool. Breaks Glass, cut seatbelts, stick a wayward varmint etc...

https://images.app.goo.gl/v8QWTbQBoJsd6N2L9

What's in your center console? :)
V/R
Smokey

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An EPC, Emergency Portable Companion. I happen to have an extra, you just have to pay shipping. :hat:

blow-up-doll-free-roadside-for-sale.jpg

Hey - Where was this? - I'd like to pick it up

Looking for ideas to fill out my EDC setup in my Raptor. I have some extra room in the molle pouches I've installed. Here are the ground rules:

1. I am not concerned with theft. I'm looking for ideas on helpful items I should EDC--not reasons I should refrain from EDC because it might get stolen one day.
2. Weapons are taken care of, secured, and not addressed in this post.

What I have so far:
1. Complete trauma kit (two bags on underside of rear seat)
2. ratchet straps
3. flashlight
4. Gerber multi-tool
5. pens and sharpies
6. gallon ziplocs
7. gloves
8. shop rag
9. wet wipes
10. IPA wipes
11. trash bag (lower left on back of passenger seat)
12. Gerber shard
13. emergency blanket
14. emergency whistle
15. life straw
16. LED light for quick use when searching through bags (hanging from tab on upper right of passenger seat)

Things I know I need/want:
1. Jumper cables (likely stored elsewhere)
2. ...?

So what have I overlooked? Thoughts, ideas...?

View attachment 153149 View attachment 153150

Some non lethal - Pepper type spray - your choice For people not bears - different chemicals, flash bangs, smoke grenades, collapsable batong, light sicks, large road flares, good 600+ lumen tactical light w/ strobe option, Defensive type hatchet your choice. All dependent upon tasks you think you might need to name few.
Depends upon what you can acquire and the ways in which you can think of how to utilize anything - The list can go for pages

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always keep a little ratcheting screwdriver with multiple heads in my truck and a small stubby ratchet set. For portable air I run the Hpa systems aux air 66 tank and keep their jack in my truck bed, check em out on instagram or Facebook. Air compressors don't work if your battery is dead food for thought.