2012 Gift Buying Guide for the Raptor Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it, feel free to let me know if there is anything you would add for your family and friends to see...

and I will add the rsiworks Wilson... Sonny stick is a little more custom and hard to explain although we did give wsi permission to sell it....

For those unaware, a Sonny stick is a five foot long fire cooking stick made of stainless tubing... The thing is stout and great for roasting hot dogs, sausages, marshmallows, etc.... One of the best things is that you can sit further from the fire and use a log to prop it up...

I've seen Wilson cook a steak on one and seen sitdown kill a snake with one... Yukon even used one to hang Christmas lights on a large tree in our yard last year. They are called Sonny sticks because yukons uncle Sonny gets credit for designing/making them 15 + years ago. WSI fabed them to our specifications and since we have been happy to share a wonderful design with anyone interested.

We even had a 6 year old using one to make smores this weekend and even though she hit the wood once or twice she still did great using it. No chance of burning little fingers when there is five foot between her and the cooking end.

Last edited:

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop the Rear End Damage!

Hey RaptorWifey,

Just had to comment and say that your post is Gold. Love the fact that you took the time to write this out and put so much detail into it. It shows a level of care and understanding that most people would neglect.

Now after scanning the forums tonight I was shocked that yet another new member had gotten into a rear end Collision. I'd like to help everyone out and see if you can add this inexpensive but pain-saving mod: The Superbumper

Purchased from SUPERBUMPER Hitch Step - Stops Rear End Collision Damage. from Jeff, the owner, if you read the site and watch the videos you can easily see that the Superbumper easily defeats low speed collisions and prevents frame and hitch damage. I'd like to spread the goodwill and also have others be proactive rather than reactive. Especially during the Winter/Holiday season where roads will either be iced over, wet, and busy, this can help prevent damage to your rearend.

The Superbumper is one with an actual hitchball on it that you can tow, and the alternate (the one I have) is the Sparebumper, essentially no hitchball.

So why should You run it? In most states, its illegal to run a trailer hitch without a trailer hooked up, aka an unnecessary headache and $$$ for a citation. Costs only ~$140.

Attachments

• New Mat.jpg
    New Mat.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 75

achiro

Reaction score
As a chiropractor, I really liked the super bumper addition...great idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
^ is he a vendor on frf?

No, I believe he had been in an accident and is pretty passionate about preventing it from happening again.

I'll as it to the list today

But what the heck is in your bed new guy, a carpet??

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I believe he had been in an accident and is pretty passionate about preventing it from happening again.

I'll as it to the list today

But what the heck is in your bed new guy, a carpet??

^Thanks RaptorWifey.

I had just purchased the officially licensed F-150 5.5ft Bed Mat from Ford and was about to slash the ties and lay it out in my bed.