Scheduling and FP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What day(s) does everyone typically contact FP for order information? And what day(s) are recommended to have the best odds at new information?

Jeremy at FP told me to call him as well as my dealer at least once a week to check in because in theory I should expect to *probably* see a VIN soon, but I don’t want to call on a Wednesday if Ford typically schedules on Thursdays and waste everyone’s times.

What days have you had the most luck?

Additionally, would it benefit me to have my dealer talk to a zone rep to push my priority code up? Currently at 19, dealer says that’s what he puts all his orders as.

I’m ETS’ing in a few weeks and moving, and have way too much time on my hands to think about when I might ever get my order LOL. I understand some 21’s are still getting delivered, and many 22 orders placed frol 21 orders as well. But considering my spec, I would think at a minimum a VIN isn’t much to expect before starting the 6 month clock to delivery.

Love the forum and wealth of knowledge and for the most part welcoming, positive people here considering the hand many of us have been dealt with this process.

For SA purposes here is my order info:

Order placed 10/26 with allocation. 35, red metallic tinted CC, panoramic, no spray in, auto SS delete, 801a.

Last edited:

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What day(s) does everyone typically contact FP for order information? And what day(s) are recommended to have the best odds at new information?

Jeremy at FP told me to call him as well as my dealer at least once a week to check in because in theory I should expect to *probably* see a VIN soon, but I don’t want to call on a Wednesday if Ford typically schedules on Thursdays and waste everyone’s times.

What days have you had the most luck?

Additionally, would it benefit me to have my dealer talk to a zone rep to push my priority code up? Currently at 19, dealer says that’s what he puts all his orders as.

I’m ETS’ing in a few weeks and moving, and have way too much time on my hands to think about when I might ever get my order LOL. I understand some 21’s are still getting delivered, and many 22 orders placed frol 21 orders as well. But considering my spec, I would think at a minimum a VIN isn’t much to expect before starting the 6 month clock to delivery.

Love the forum and wealth of knowledge and for the most part welcoming, positive people here considering the hand many of us have been dealt with this process.

For SA purposes here is my order info:

Order placed 10/26 with allocation. 35, red metallic tinted CC, panoramic, no spray in, auto SS delete, 801a.
Im guessing Fridays since it's the day after they schedule?? I just chatted with Eric at FP and he say's my order is in "internal ordering system"...whatever that means. I know it doesn't mean I'm about to get VIN.

Last edited:

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, scheduling is done on Wednesdays and updated to reflect on Thursday.
Priority code 19 means nothing to ford, only for the dealer.

Btw, if you had your order submitted back in October, but still do not have a build date or VIN, I’d be very skeptical of that dealer.

Your order is in the system means it was acknowledged that an order was submitted. Doesn’t mean you have a VIN, just at the status of unscheduled clean.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, scheduling is done on Wednesdays and updated to reflect on Thursday.
Priority code 19 means nothing to ford, only for the dealer.

Btw, if you had your order submitted back in October, but still do not have a build date or VIN, I’d be very skeptical of that dealer.

Your order is in the system means it was acknowledged that an order was submitted. Doesn’t mean you have a VIN, just at the status of unscheduled clean.
That’s fair. Would it be fair to call them and explain that it’s weird it’s taking this long, and if they actually have an allocation? The DORA does say retail, and it is unscheduled clean, though I’m not convinced it means anything.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be pretty skeptical too if you haven't gotten a VIN yet if you ordered in Oct.

@alexhartang: I know you mentioned you had an allocated order but might want to check with ur dealer. Did they take a deposit?

They did take a deposit if $500, and took a copy of my drivers license. DORA shows the order as retail, and it is unscheduled clean, though that may mean nothing. This is my first time ever ordering a new vehicle so this process is nuts to me.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
They did take a deposit if $500, and took a copy of my drivers license. DORA shows the order as retail, and it is unscheduled clean, though that may mean nothing. This is my first time ever ordering a new vehicle so this process is nuts to me.
An order is different than the dealer having an actual allocation. Unfortunately many dealers are taking orders beyond their allocation allotment and putting them in the system were they sit "unscheduled clean" awaiting an allocation for that order. Call your dealership General Manager or at the least sales manager and have them confirm they have an allocation for your order. If they claim they do then ask them to contact their zone rep and find out why so long for a VIN. Unfortunately I believe they likely didn't apply their allocation(s) to your order. Which means hopefully they get more allocations and do apply it to your order at which time you will then receive a VIN

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is just driving ppl nuts with their ordering system right now and it sucks if this is your first time ordering. Usually, this process is bad at all. Also due to the fact of no parts/chips. I see people that have stock wheels, no CF, bedliner, and other parts taken off to get their order faster but I didn’t compromise. Im not in a hurry anyways.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the people saying they would be skeptical of the dealer are freaking clueless.
Do none of you have any idea what's actually going on?
Ford has shuttered many plants angain, there are no chips and no parts!
For F sake....

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two COVP orders with two different dealers. Both promised allocation back in October 21. Both orders remain "unscheduled clean / order processing" as of last week.
1) 801 & 37s
2) 801 & 35s

No idea what to believe right now (is it Ford, supply chain or dealer BS?) -> but since the "off the lot" or "in transit" prices of all dealers are getting higher and higher, I'm just patiently waiting on my orders.. :)

I'll check with Ford Performance again on Friday.. :)