Scheduling and FP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience and discussions with others if you placed an order in Oct and still don't have a VIN its very likely your dealer did not have an allocation remaining for your order.
You had the 800A package from looking at the pic so I'm guessing those get built or picked up faster than 801A. Also, it depends on what packages you have chosen too like CF, moonroof, wheels, power onboard, etc... Due to lack of parts, it can delay your chances of your order getting picked up. Even talking with Ford yesterday, they said it can take as long as 6 months to get your order picked up during these times.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zone reps don't have the power to create allocations but they do have visibility into your dealers actual allocations, how many if any remaining and if your order is actually tied to an actual allocation.
Had my dealer reach out to the zone rep on my truck that was built Dec 9th and ready to ship Dec 17th and was just sitting awaiting shipping. The zone rep last week said she "hot tagged" my truck to finally get it moving. It arrived last night and I picked it up, finally here. my MY22 order was on Oct 8th, built Dec 9th and was stuck awaiting shipping. I had a VIN in less than three weeks because it was tied to an actual allocation. Based on my experience and discussions with others if you placed an order in Oct and still don't have a VIN its very likely your dealer did not have an allocation remaining for your order. General Sales manager at my dealer last night said they had 11 allocations released in Oct and don't anticipate any more allocations until possibly this summer. My dealer wouldnt take orders unless they have allocations that can fill the order, so they don't have the scenario many of you are in with orders that can't be filled until/if they get more allocations and depending on how many more allocations they get and how many orders they took without allocations yours may still not make it through based on options/commidity constraints. This process sucks, I am not an authority here just sharing everything I know and experienced as transparent as I can.

Picked her up last night:
View attachment 341566
Appreciate the insight! I’m going to call tomorrow as today is scheduling day, talk to FP, then call my SM and see if they can reach out.

JAB2435

Reaction score
What day(s) does everyone typically contact FP for order information? And what day(s) are recommended to have the best odds at new information?

Jeremy at FP told me to call him as well as my dealer at least once a week to check in because in theory I should expect to *probably* see a VIN soon, but I don’t want to call on a Wednesday if Ford typically schedules on Thursdays and waste everyone’s times.

What days have you had the most luck?

Additionally, would it benefit me to have my dealer talk to a zone rep to push my priority code up? Currently at 19, dealer says that’s what he puts all his orders as.

I’m ETS’ing in a few weeks and moving, and have way too much time on my hands to think about when I might ever get my order LOL. I understand some 21’s are still getting delivered, and many 22 orders placed frol 21 orders as well. But considering my spec, I would think at a minimum a VIN isn’t much to expect before starting the 6 month clock to delivery.

Love the forum and wealth of knowledge and for the most part welcoming, positive people here considering the hand many of us have been dealt with this process.

For SA purposes here is my order info:

Order placed 10/26 with allocation. 35, red metallic tinted CC, panoramic, no spray in, auto SS delete, 801a.
I ordered mine on 10/14 and mine is in production. You should have a VIN and a build week by now. Are you sure it is an allocation order ? If not you will never get a VIN. You need to contact your dealer ASAP.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 10/14 and mine is in production. You should have a VIN and a build week by now. Are you sure it is an allocation order ? If not you will never get a VIN. You need to contact your dealer ASAP.
Yeah I just gave him a call and left a message. They’ve sworn up and down they have an allocation for me, so I’ll press him a little bit on it when he gets back to me. The one thing I thought could explain it is that the original allocated order placed was for a completely loaded 37, and when I took the order over (not a new order, just switched my name and spec into the existing one), I switched to a 35, no spray in, and auto SS delete. Maybe that’s why? I have no clue but I’ll have him press the zone rep today to see what they think. These responses are awesome though, I need all the samples and “ammunition” I can.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the dealers get all of their allocations 'up front'. I think they get more as the year goes on.

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that the dealers get all of their allocations 'up front'. I think they get more as the year goes on.
That seems to be a debated point as well. If my dealer had 2 allocations for the year, have I not received a VIN because my allocation isn’t up until later this year? Big questions no one seems to have evidential proof of unfortunately

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your dealer didnt have a 37PP allocation and placed your order as a 35 just to get you a truck hoping you would take delivery? I cant see ford just building a truck however they want with no dealer order.
No the owner of the Dealership is a friend of mine . I’ve purchased several trucks and Raptors from him . He always give me a invoice deal on my trucks below sticker price . He’s a straight up guy .

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be a debated point as well. If my dealer had 2 allocations for the year, have I not received a VIN because my allocation isn’t up until later this year? Big questions no one seems to have evidential proof of unfortunately
Yes that is correct I just got a 22 allocation he picked up last week .

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You had the 800A package from looking at the pic so I'm guessing those get built or picked up faster than 801A. Also, it depends on what packages you have chosen too like CF, moonroof, wheels, power onboard, etc... Due to lack of parts, it can delay your chances of your order getting picked up. Even talking with Ford yesterday, they said it can take as long as 6 months to get your order picked up during these times.
Totally agree, timing depends on options packages etc. but 5 months without even a VIN very likely no allocation IMO but who knows right, all we can do is hope they get picked up. I would definitely talk with the GM to find out why no VIN yet

Last edited:
OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct I have 800A and why I received my truck already I would agree, however the other 10 allocations my dealer had were all 801A's and all have VINs according to my conversation last night with the GSM. I picked an 800A with torsen and conv with the hopes of getting it sooner and looks like other than the shipping delays that panned out for me. Still no VIN after 5 months likely means no allocation IMO but who knows right, all we can do is hope they get picked up.
Agreed. Left my SM a message asking him to call me so we can talk to the zone rep. We shall see what he says