Scheduling and FP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did take a deposit if $500, and took a copy of my drivers license. DORA shows the order as retail, and it is unscheduled clean, though that may mean nothing. This is my first time ever ordering a new vehicle so this process is nuts to me.
FWIW my dealer says they get allocations as the year goes on. They start with two, and usually have 4 total by the end of the model year.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An order is different than the dealer having an actual allocation. Unfortunately many dealers are taking orders beyond their allocation allotment and putting them in the system were they sit "unscheduled clean" awaiting an allocation for that order. Call your dealership General Manager or at the least sales manager and have them confirm they have an allocation for your order. If they claim they do then ask them to contact their zone rep and find out why so long for a VIN. Unfortunately I believe they likely didn't apply their allocation(s) to your order. Which means hopefully they get more allocations and do apply it to your order at which time you will then receive a VIN
The Zone rep can do nothing and is usually just a kid who recently graduated college. He/she knows less than the dealer. Ford is having serious part issues and can produce very few vehicles. There is no need to call weekly. When your order changes Ford will notify you by e-mail. Ford wants to sell vehicles. Ford wants you to have your raptor. It seems as though Americans want a government like Cuba and now they have it. There is a reason 1958 is the current car model in Cuba.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t get a window sticker your order will get what parts Ford has , happened to me . I ordered a LFG 37 PP package in June it wasn’t allocated but got picked up . I couldn’t get a sticker but truck was built on 11/1 . The truck came in last week everything was correct on my build but it was a 35 not 37 . I didn’t take delivery and ordered a 22 allocated AMB 37 this week with same Dealership . This process has not been great but that’s life .

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Zone rep can do nothing and is usually just a kid who recently graduated college. He/she knows less than the dealer. Ford is having serious part issues and can produce very few vehicles. There is no need to call weekly. When your order changes Ford will notify you by e-mail. Ford wants to sell vehicles. Ford wants you to have your raptor. It seems as though Americans want a government like Cuba and now they have it. There is a reason 1958 is the current car model in Cuba.
Honestly at this point I don’t know what to believe LOL. Some people say zone reps manually schedule orders and have pull, others say they can’t do much of anything. Some say the dealer sounds sketchy and like they didn’t actually have an allocation, others with allocations are in my same boat while stock orders placed after mine are being built. Commodity issues aside, Ford is murdering career customers. I likely wok to buy from them again, at least not for a very long time after this sheet show.

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t get a window sticker your order will get what parts Ford has , happened to me . I ordered a LFG 37 PP package in June it wasn’t allocated but got picked up . I couldn’t get a sticker but truck was built on 11/1 . The truck came in last week everything was correct on my build but it was a 35 not 37 . I didn’t take delivery and ordered a 22 allocated AMB 37 this week with same Dealership . This process has not been great but that’s life .
Are you sure your dealer didnt have a 37PP allocation and placed your order as a 35 just to get you a truck hoping you would take delivery? I cant see ford just building a truck however they want with no dealer order.

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly at this point I don’t know what to believe LOL. Some people say zone reps manually schedule orders and have pull, others say they can’t do much of anything. Some say the dealer sounds sketchy and like they didn’t actually have an allocation, others with allocations are in my same boat while stock orders placed after mine are being built. Commodity issues aside, Ford is murdering career customers. I likely wok to buy from them again, at least not for a very long time after this sheet show.
I don't think this issue is exclusive to Ford. I know Toyota is having issues with getting people Tundra's. If you think this is a wait go try and get an outboard motor in a larger size for a boat repower.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One just brief mention.. if this is a customer order. E.x. an order that actually shows on YOUR Ford account page under reservations/orders then in my experience ordering 5 different vehicles from Ford including most recently Bronco/GT500 - you will receive your VIN via email from FoMoCo almost instantly and it will show in your account page as well. In both my recent cases I received my vin from Ford before even my dealer who I was in contact with on the regular.

This of course doesn't happen with dealer orders.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One just brief mention.. if this is a customer order. E.x. an order that actually shows on YOUR Ford account page under reservations/orders then in my experience ordering 5 different vehicles from Ford including most recently Bronco/GT500 - you will receive your VIN via email from FoMoCo almost instantly and it will show in your account page as well. In both my recent cases I received my vin from Ford before even my dealer who I was in contact with on the regular.

I don't show anything under reservations/orders for anything I've ordered

OP
OP
alexhartang

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was pretty adamant about ensuring I had an allocated order and was repeatedly promised. On top they were happy to sign anything I wanted with the promise of MSRP upon delivery. They’ve been forthright and nothing but help so I am pretty confident it’s allocated. The Ford account gets interesting because before my order was placed I didn’t have a Ford account. Now that I’ve created one I don’t know of the vehicle will show in there

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Zone reps don't have the power to create allocations but they do have visibility into your dealers actual allocations, how many if any remaining and if your order is actually tied to an actual allocation.
Had my dealer reach out to the zone rep on my truck that was built Dec 9th and ready to ship Dec 17th and was just sitting awaiting shipping. The zone rep last week said she "hot tagged" my truck to finally get it moving. It arrived last night and I picked it up, finally here. my MY22 order was on Oct 8th, built Dec 9th and was stuck awaiting shipping. I had a VIN in less than three weeks because it was tied to an actual allocation. Based on my experience and discussions with others if you placed an order in Oct and still don't have a VIN its very likely your dealer did not have an allocation remaining for your order. General Sales manager at my dealer last night said they had 11 allocations released in Oct and don't anticipate any more allocations until possibly this summer. My dealer wouldnt take orders unless they have allocations that can fill the order, so they don't have the scenario many of you are in with orders that can't be filled until/if they get more allocations and depending on how many more allocations they get and how many orders they took without allocations yours may still not make it through based on options/commidity constraints. This process sucks, I am not an authority here just sharing everything I know and experienced as transparent as I can.

Picked her up last night:
851967C3-548C-43CE-A6BE-9204A270E53F.jpeg