Rusted Cab Corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how the dodge rams are holding up with all steel cabs? Couldn't find anything and the gm trucks have switched to aluminum.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody know how the dodge rams are holding up with all steel cabs? Couldn't find anything and the gm trucks have switched to aluminum.
Dodge a dodge , wouldn't go near one!
1637699052517.jpeg
picture.jpg
Is-It-Safe-To-Drive-a-Car-With-a-Rusted-Frame.jpg

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like mostly older then 2010. Wonder if they went with a better galvanized coating or better cab drainage. Probably doubtful but just checking under here,

ram 1500 forum rusting cab corner site:www.ramforum.com

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably old but... wow

Aluminum oxide has been problem for Ford in the past. The aluminum hoods started back in the late 90s. They got corrosion in the usual spots near the seams and you got nasty corrosion everywhere a steel part was bolted to it as well- the latch and hinges specifically. 20 years worth of Ford Expeditions have bubbling/corrosion of the aluminum under the paint on the tailgates.

OTOH, I've not heard of any recurring problems with the 15+ trucks and some have 6 years/winters on them now. The design of the part has to lot to do with whether it will corrode, does it trap water, etc. Then you get into how clean it was prior to all of the coatings and paint, plus dissimilar metal corrosion prevention. Thee base material means very little really.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who have experienced Gen Juan cab corner rust, can you let me know if this looks like a surface issue or if it’s coming from the inside? I haven’t gotten under the truck for a deeper look yet, but I’d like some external input.

1661958973939.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter