Rusted Cab Corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last quote I got was $5k for both entire rockers; the only shop near me that would do it only will do the entire rockers, not just corners.

Buddy with the tools and know-how said we could probably do it ourselves for half after I pay him for his time.

It’s disheartening when you fall in love with your Raptor and this rears it’s ugly head!

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I was going to have my 2013 Limited done, but decided it wasn't worth it. The body shop wanted to pull the bed and do the full rockers/corners. Granted it would have been perfectly and correctly done, but it was going to be like 4000.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any point in trying rust reformer/converter on the inside (and possibly the outside)? or just bite the bullet and go get some estimates from body shops?

BlueHound

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. My 2013 SCREW has this issue (just driver side I think). I've ordered a new steel cab corner and ready to cut it out and tack in a solid piece (will post a new thread on my progress). To prevent this going forward I found and relocated the rear sunroof drains, redoing 3rd breaklight seal (butyl) and ordered grommets for the 1.5" holes on inner rocker. Will also be cleaning/degrease inside the rockers and coating with Eastwood frame coating, then Krown treatment throughout

Question to the group, has anyone re-routed the front sunroof drains? Do they also terminate inside the rocker? I looked for the damn things under the truck but cant find them. Next step will be removing wheel well liner (I suspect they are behind it somewhere).

-Trevor