Rough ride on the road (2012 SuperCrew)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im not bitching about the Raptors ride at all... It is the best ride and handling production truck! Frankly i do not care if it rode and handled like hammered ass on the road. As long as it can drive all weekend at TRR and still drive 700 miles back home. What more could you ask from a production truck?

-Greg

OP
OP
eugeneorange

eugeneorange

Reaction score
Come on, let's keep the poll going for a bit longer.
We may be onto something.

- - - -

Can we do a simple poll? (this is off on-road only)

Just state the YEAR and trim (SCab or SCrew) and whether it's SMOOTH or ROUGH.
(before any mods, of course)

Last edited:

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 SCrew and it rides a little rough but not bad at all, my Brother has a 2010 Scab and it is much smoother. Only problem I have had is a dealer that can't get the alignment set right, it wanders a lot and follows the road crown more than my Brother's Scab.

Also my Brother had a Hummer H2 SUT before his Raptor and it did ride really smooth but other than that it was a huge pile of :dancingpoop:

Last edited:

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon i get a raptor my first thing on the list is to change the suspension for a 3.0, no offense but, the svt raptor has a crappy suspension. The 2013 svt raptor should brought the factory series 3.0 from fox.

My father bought a 2012 screw raptor, when i drove it i felt every imperfection on the road.
I posted that already scab vs screw
suspension.
A scab is way too smoother than a screw.

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As soon i get a raptor my first thing on the list is to change the suspension for a 3.0, no offense but, the svt raptor has a crappy suspension. The 2013 svt raptor should brought the factory series 3.0 from fox.

My father bought a 2012 screw raptor, when i drove it i felt every imperfection on the road.
I posted that already scab vs screw
suspension.
A scab is way too smoother than a screw.

I think your expectations are unrealistic. It is an impressive production truck, compare it to any regular f150/1500 etc and its impressive... hardly crap IMO. For 90% of the buyers the stock suspension is more than adequate and impressive.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think your expectations are unrealistic. It is an impressive production truck, compare it to any regular f150/1500 etc and its impressive... hardly crap IMO. For 90% of the buyers the stock suspension is more than adequate and impressive.

X2!

Dave

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me is different i came from mx bikes atv racing and i used elka suspensions, fox evo(crappy suspensions) and wp on my ktm atv as well my polaris rzr 900 xp4 that comes with walker evans. Not as the 2 seater rzr 900xp that comes with fox Podium.
You can set your preload from the factory settings with a simple tool.

The svt raptor with suspensions percha are Kind of hard to set them up.

I know about hi speed comp low speed comp rebound pre load free zag. How a smooth ride vs a rough ride
No offense, is my op

Timgco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked my 2012 SCREW up last weekend. It is a bit choppy on road. I took the tires down to 40psi front and rear. That made a slight difference.

I'm going to do a proper chalk test this weekend and see exactly where it should be. I know 44psi is the stated preasure to run on these trucks, however I bet 38 to 42 is going to be that sweet spot on the chalk test.

...more to come.