Rough ride & constant ride height recalibration woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tm965

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not likely, that’s just a failure code for the on-board modem. Does it clear?
Havent attempted it, but ive also never received an OTA so I'll be leaving it for the dealer to look at in addition to the suspension stuff again tomorrow

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne is this true? The update (likely the older one) my truck received for body control module c only seems to have improved the ride situation temporarily for me. The ride is becoming stiff again and now i feel chattering from the shocks over small to medium bumps as if im going driving through a washboard
To come full circle for anyone researching this is the future. SSM is the same the advisor just told me there was a newer module update than the one I had. It changed nothing

OP
OP
tm965

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To come full circle for anyone researching this is the future. SSM is the same the advisor just told me there was a newer module update than the one I had. It changed nothing
yeah mine went back to full stiff last week and threw a bunch of other codes where abs and other modules were losing communication. going back in to the dealer tomorrow. im beginning to think its a wiring harness issue but who knows. i dont think software updates is going to fix the issue here

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah mine went back to full stiff last week and threw a bunch of other codes where abs and other modules were losing communication. going back in to the dealer tomorrow. im beginning to think its a wiring harness issue but who knows. i dont think software updates is going to fix the issue here
Gotcha. I haven’t gotten those codes just that b162f dtc that won’t go away.

OP
OP
tm965

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I haven’t gotten those codes just that b162f dtc that won’t go away.
I have:
U0122--lost comms with VDM, specifically headlamp control
U023A--lost comms with Image processing module A, specifically power steering control
U0121--lost comms with ABS control module A, again related to power steering
U0415--invalid data received from ABS control module A, again related to power steering

@FordTechOne any hypotheses as to what may be going on here? last week my truck went full stiff out of the blue commuting around town, then the following day i had a warning on the dash pop up RE: reverse back up assist no longer available and a yellow check engine like symbol on the dash. warnings went away after a restart, but had to turn reverse back up assist off as it gets triggered by almost anything when reversing now. Truck suspension remains at full stiff.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have:
U0122--lost comms with VDM, specifically headlamp control
U023A--lost comms with Image processing module A, specifically power steering control
U0121--lost comms with ABS control module A, again related to power steering
U0415--invalid data received from ABS control module A, again related to power steering
What module(s) are settings those DTCs?

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer just replaced my BCMC to try and fix this code, and its back the next day. They said it was recommended by the FSE and the foreman. It's allegedly a new BCMC so im not sure where to go from there, and they dont want it back. I say allegedly because they're shady and didn't even give me paperwork for my service visit.

OP
OP
tm965

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer just replaced my BCMC to try and fix this code, and its back the next day. They said it was recommended by the FSE and the foreman. It's allegedly a new BCMC so im not sure where to go from there, and they dont want it back. I say allegedly because they're shady and didn't even give me paperwork for my service visit.
ive updated my forscan and recent did a VDM reset and another ride height recal. my ride returned to normal (but now my passenger side front shock is noisy/clunky again). i took the truck offroad over the weekend and on the ride home i quickly noticed that the ride was stiff and bouncy again--went to check the ride height sensors and the readings didnt look way out of whack. i reset the vdm and did a recal again .... ride back to normal. i suspect the VDM is the culprit, but without any DTCs pointing at that my dealer has essentially told me to FO and call corporate

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive updated my forscan and recent did a VDM reset and another ride height recal. my ride returned to normal (but now my passenger side front shock is noisy/clunky again). i took the truck offroad over the weekend and on the ride home i quickly noticed that the ride was stiff and bouncy again--went to check the ride height sensors and the readings didnt look way out of whack. i reset the vdm and did a recal again .... ride back to normal. i suspect the VDM is the culprit, but without any DTCs pointing at that my dealer has essentially told me to FO and call corporate
That sucks man :( sorry you’re dealing with that