Rotating Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
012BLUESVT said:
^^^Anyone want to drop their spare for this guy? Lol!

I did rotate the spare in. A couple notes:
The spare does NOT come balanced.
The 012's wheels do match.
The spare does NOT have a TPMS.
I am now getting a massage about the TPMS having a fault. Could the truck be that sensitive, if the TPMS is not in one of the 4 locations where the tires are??

You could get TPMS fault since the tire isn't rotating. When the tires rotate above a certain speed they transmit there signal to BCM. By having one sensor not rotating it is probably remaining in sleep mode.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys.

So if I put a TPMS in the spare that I've rotated in, the BCM (what does that stand for) would read 4 sensors and the fault wouldn't show up, right

How much is a TPMS?

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
You got it. If you put a sensor in the spare and relearn the tires the TPMS fault will go out (BCM) is body control module they changed the name of smart junction box to that. Just
Ale sure if you put in another sensor that you relearn the tires to read the four in use then when you swap in a different tire you need to relearn it again.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update...
I rotated the tires this weekend. SOBs are heavy! This we my second rotation with the spare. I was surprised that the system didn't need to relearn the TPMS. Kinda nice since it is a pain to set up in the first place.

Joe

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume you put a TPMS in the spare?

Update...
I rotated the tires this weekend. SOBs are heavy! This we my second rotation with the spare. I was surprised that the system didn't need to relearn the TPMS. Kinda nice since it is a pain to set up in the first place.

Joe

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to rotate your own tires I say go for it. Should only take half out. I would put the jack stands under each of the front control arms then put your jack under the center of your rear diff. then when you take off your tires cross the non driving wheels move the driving wheels to the front. have fun torque spec I believe is 148lb-ft

Noooooo. The manual warns against jacking by the differential.

Banned
Reaction score
Woah yeah terrible idea to only have a jackstand on the rear diff.