Rotating Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noooooo. The manual warns against jacking by the differential.

I think the only reason they put that in there is to cover their *** for having a center jack point and having both rear tires in the air. The vehicle can roll with nothing locking the front wheels with the e-brake and park both only acting on the rear wheels, or it could rock with only the center supported and 2 wheels in the air and possibly slip off the jack pad. They only want you lifting 1 wheel at a time with a jack. There's no structural issues with lifting the rear under the pumpkin, just have common sense and don't do it with your truck on an incline and no front wheels chocked then surprised when it starts rolling down the hill.

Been using a floor jack under the rear pumpkin to get the rear end up on every rwd vehicle I've ever owned or wrenched on.

For rotations, I usually jack under the pumpkin, and toss 2 stands under the rear axle, then use the jack to just lift each front 1 at a time to rotate them back to front, and front criss crossed to back. Just did my 2nd rotation on the raptor at 10k miles. It's cake to retrain the TPMS. Push the flasher button 3 times and the horn honks, let a little air out of each tire 1 at a time and it honks as it registers each one in each position, and you're done. If you run the same pressure front & rear, there's no need to retrain each rotation.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the only reason they put that in there is to cover their *** for having a center jack point and having both rear tires in the air. The vehicle can roll with nothing locking the front wheels with the e-brake and park both only acting on the rear wheels, or it could rock with only the center supported and 2 wheels in the air and possibly slip off the jack pad. They only want you lifting 1 wheel at a time with a jack. There's no structural issues with lifting the rear under the pumpkin, just have common sense and don't do it with your truck on an incline and no front wheels chocked then surprised when it starts rolling down the hill.
Exactly. And chock in front of the tire & behind the front tire, because
you will really shit your pants :uhoh2::jawdrop::eek::poop: if the truck rolls back on you. ~ :High 5:

Been using a floor jack under the rear pumpkin to get the rear end up on every rwd vehicle I've ever owned or wrenched on.

For rotations, I usually jack under the pumpkin, and toss 2 stands under the rear axle, then use the jack to just lift each front 1 at a time to rotate them back to front, and front criss crossed to back. Just did my 2nd rotation on the raptor at 10k miles. It's cake to retrain the TPMS. Push the flasher button 3 times and the horn honks, let a little air out of each tire 1 at a time and it honks as it registers each one in each position, and you're done. If you run the same pressure front & rear, there's no need to retrain each rotation.

See highlighted above.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
I rotate my own tires. Perfect torque to MY spec on the lugs. I also get to view suspension, undercarriage, tires, brakes and condition of the lugs. I do my own oil and I hope to fix MOST problems that may accure.

Dealership that sold me the truck had to replace 3rd brake light. The harness is incorrect, they forced it on. I fixed it when I installed my LED's. Removed all my lights to make upgrades. Noticed incorrect harness on reverse light as well.

I did the mid-perch mod, dealership is clueless about these trucks. If they can't replace a light housing why should I trust them with my wheels? I do as much as possible. I know and trust the truck cause I use my own hands on it. 1,000 mile road trip or 100 miles at 100 mph; either way I trust my work.

Not about the time, not about the money. I need attention to detail!