GEN 2 Rolling start, floor it, and it falls on its face

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc1gator

Reaction score
It sounds tune related to me. REcommend you have whatever particular tune mode you were running updated from your provider. I would bet that they are aware of the problem.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
I have an MPT tune and have experienced something similar but it may be different. If I am coming from a stop, hit the gas normal, let off and quickly reapply the gas more firmly it falls on its face.

example. 4 way stop- my turn to go, someone else starts to proceed too so I let off the gas, they yield so I hit the gas again (all in a quick succession) there is nothing not just a no boost but feels like no six cylinders either. 2-5 seconds later it all comes back to life but I am still rolling through an intersection at an idle pace until then.

I only run stock right before servicing so not sure if it does it then too.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really think it’s an exaggeration of the trucks stock programming to prevent too much TQ/power being dumped to the wheels in certain conditions I couldn’t guess what that is but w/ so many modes & sensors reading stuff it may be the computers are sorta thrown off by the big bump in boost/power & simultaneously these tunes reduce some of the initial more “passive” safety nannies like TQ management, shift TQ/pressure, pulled timing, when stability/traction control step in to intervene etc. & maybe since all that kinda stuff has been tweaked/reduced the “deep state electronic nanny” in the ECU steps in prematurely or something & that’s the net result

what I’m saying may make no sense or have any bearing in reality but I’m just thinking out loud

getting back from biz trip this evening should be able to get those data logs over to GH before weeks out- & like I said I’m 1000% sure it occurred while plugged into OBDII

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

clark98ut

Reaction score
I really think it’s an exaggeration of the trucks stock programming to prevent too much TQ/power being dumped to the wheels in certain conditions I couldn’t guess what that is but w/ so many modes & sensors reading stuff it may be the computers are sorta thrown off by the big bump in boost/power & simultaneously these tunes reduce some of the initial more “passive” safety nannies like TQ management, shift TQ/pressure, pulled timing, when stability/traction control step in to intervene etc. & maybe since all that kinda stuff has been tweaked/reduced the “deep state electronic nanny” in the ECU steps in prematurely or something & that’s the net result

what I’m saying may make no sense or have any bearing in reality but I’m just thinking out loud

getting back from biz trip this evening should be able to get those data logs over to GH before weeks out- & like I said I’m 1000% sure it occurred while plugged into OBDII
Just FYI, I sent GH a link to this thread.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have an MPT tune and have experienced something similar but it may be different. If I am coming from a stop, hit the gas normal, let off and quickly reapply the gas more firmly it falls on its face.

example. 4 way stop- my turn to go, someone else starts to proceed too so I let off the gas, they yield so I hit the gas again (all in a quick succession) there is nothing not just a no boost but feels like no six cylinders either. 2-5 seconds later it all comes back to life but I am still rolling through an intersection at an idle pace until then.

I only run stock right before servicing so not sure if it does it then too.
You don’t need a tune to elicit this behavior.

I’ve had it from day one, stock, in normal(eco) drive mode at least. same scenario, take off, need to suddenly stop for inattentive cell yakker, then, must accelerate with prejudice to avoid inattentive cell yakker to the rear. Stab gas... wait... wait some more ...Hey, is this thing ON?... and it then recovers and resumes responding.

Now, I’m sure it happens faster than it seems, but, it definitely happens on the stock tune. I blame throttle by wire. And some dolt who thought that was a feature.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t need a tune to elicit this behavior.

I’ve had it from day one, stock, in normal(eco) drive mode at least. same scenario, take off, need to suddenly stop for inattentive cell yakker, then, must accelerate with prejudice to avoid inattentive cell yakker to the rear. Stab gas... wait... wait some more ...Hey, is this thing ON?... and it then recovers and resumes responding.

Now, I’m sure it happens faster than it seems, but, it definitely happens on the stock tune. I blame throttle by wire. And some dolt who thought that was a feature.
I went out and tried this in my ‘19

65mph no cruise control, in normal mode, 10th gear about 1600RPM
Floor it
Transmission immediately went to 5th gear, boost to about a 1/4 and smooth acceleration.

55mph 7th gear normal mode
Didn’t floor it hard but smoothly pressed the accelerator to the floor
No downshift. Almost full boost and a slight pause in the acceleration.

I wonder if there is some logic that reads pedal rate input and decides how “urgently” you need all the power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
))) 55mph 7th gear normal mode
Didn’t floor it hard but smoothly pressed the accelerator to the floor
No downshift. Almost full boost and a slight pause in the acceleration. (((

Sound like NANNIES taking control to me.
Have you taken off "Traction Control "?!!!!!!