Rollcage suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two cents as one of the original "roll-over" members.

You couldn't be further from the truth with your opinion! There are many ways to build a very safe cage while keeping stock seats and belts, no need for helmets either. I've driven fully caged trucks for many many years and NEVER worn a helmet on the street! Plus having a cage is much safer on the street than not having one, that is unless you put the contraption above in your truck!
Did you happen to see how the outlaw cage held up and the cab collapsed, it was a perfect example of what happens to a stock cab

Nice edit to your post! A cage should never cost 10-15k, there are hundreds of guys that can do a better job for much less than that

Exactly what he said /shudder (inside joke)

Don't put a cage in unless you plan to make the truck for mostly offroad use. While the idea is great, it will make the truck useless for day to day use. There are many things you have to add like race seats, harnesses, etc. Plus it will be less safe for street driving unless you want everyone to always be wearing a helmet.

You're probably looking at $10k-$15k if you want to do it right.

Dude, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. MY cage was $8k. We all know that it stood up to my abuse and roll over. I would suggest you stay out of posts that you do not have any idea what you are talking about. The ignorance is astounding here considering you keep arguing.

You're cool. You seem to know it all...

BTW who cares how long you've been driving them on the street. I'd like to know how many side impacts you've been in or how many rollovers you've been in with these caged trucks. Plus I'd love to see picks of these affordable cages of which you speak of.

gallery_detail.aspx

Jarrett's truck has a fully tucked cage, you can barely tell anything is different about the interior of his truck, there's a lot of extra space in the raptor for putting a cage in

Unless you have a sunroof. Then all bets are off. You lose about 2" of head space if you cage a truck with a sunroof.

OP: Opinions are like ********. Everyone has one. Each shop has its group of fanboys and they'll swear up and down just that one shop is the shit and holy grail. I know you have already stated that you are not going to cage the truck. Something to also keep in mind with going to a cage: You will be without your truck for several months. A proper cage isn't built in a few weeks or weekends.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. MY cage was $8k. We all know that it stood up to my abuse and roll over. I would suggest you stay out of posts that you do not have any idea what you are talking about. The ignorance is astounding here considering you keep arguing.

gallery_detail.aspx

Unless you have a sunroof. Then all bets are off. You lose about 2" of head space if you cage a truck with a sunroof.

OP: Opinions are like ********. Everyone has one. Each shop has its group of fanboys and they'll swear up and down just that one shop is the shit and holy grail. I know you have already stated that you are not going to cage the truck. Something to also keep in mind with going to a cage: You will be without your truck for several months. A proper cage isn't built in a few weeks or weekends.

image_zps1e91634c.jpg

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tizzle, My bad. After reading my post back I did say it was useless. I don't believe that but I'm thinking of it from my position which I think the op is in. It's a family vehicle first. The way I was thinking about is it would be useless as a dual purpose vehicle. I need to be able to put 4-5 people in it and a 3 seater just won't do and therefore would be useless for my use. Maybe I was projecting my own situation on to the OP but I got the feeling he was in the same situation. As much as I'd love to have the best of both worlds like you do. A built Scab for the desert and a Screw for the street.

gallery_detail.aspx

LOL I don't think we disagree. So not sure what your problem is. 2k is damn near 10k. I'd imagine once you threw in seats and harnesses etc. you were past 10k which I included in my original post.

Edit: Looking back, I realize I didn't make it clear I was referring to street side impacts or rollovers where no helmet was worn. I didn't think about making that clarification since I was responding to A.I.I. argument about how safe they are on the street.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm lets see.. Who has rolled their Raptor, what roll cage did you have and what cage do you recommend...
It seems thats simple right. Who better to que in on a subject than the people that have rolled the truck and walked away... and the people that build them...
Oh wait, I thought this is what this forum was for. Damit I am so confused now...