Rigid Flush-Mount LEDs in Rear Bumper! Pics & How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here ya go.

Rear of truck in reverse.
ydajyqeg.jpg

7utuzumu.jpg

Light behind truck
yze9y4a2.jpg

enujaqev.jpg

From the license plate view.
a4ejabyb.jpge9ehesyj.jpg

Rear of truck in park
jyveja9e.jpg

gupy8uzy.jpg

y3y8uta4.jpg
2eputysu.jpg

Rear backup camera
apuza9u2.jpg
du6edupa.jpg

Splice into trailer harness
4u9a9ezy.jpg

5yte4y7y.jpg

y6ujemuz.jpg

The harness pics are kinda covered up from the normal working coverings.

These are the diffused SR-M flush mount. I don't think they are offering these any more. They have been replaced with the SR-Q lights will work fine.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here ya go.

Rear of truck in reverse.
ydajyqeg.jpg

7utuzumu.jpg

Light behind truck
yze9y4a2.jpg

enujaqev.jpg

From the license plate view.
a4ejabyb.jpge9ehesyj.jpg

wow those look nice. So are they hooked up to a switch to or just the reverse light?
Rear of truck in park
jyveja9e.jpg

gupy8uzy.jpg

y3y8uta4.jpg
2eputysu.jpg

Rear backup camera
apuza9u2.jpg
du6edupa.jpg

Splice into trailer harness
4u9a9ezy.jpg

5yte4y7y.jpg

y6ujemuz.jpg

The harness pics are kinda covered up from the normal working coverings.

These are the diffused SR-M flush mount. I don't think they are offering these any more. They have been replaced with the SR-Q lights will work fine.

those look really nice. Do you have them hooked up to a switch too?

TAZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set and they will be here next week. Should complete my lighting for now. WSI light bar and light once I make sure it will fit in the garage!!lol

Kerr477

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any problem with the "whiting out what you are backing up to causing you not to be able to see what you are backing up to?

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reptar - this is unreal! I havnt been on in a while and this is a mod I have been considering for a couple years! Looks like you and I are STILL on the exact same time line!!! This is an awesome post and I greatly appreciate it! I hope you are well amigo.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reptar - couple questions - what are your thoughts about regular duallys flush mounts vs dually D2s flush mounts. I fish a lot and early mornings at many boat ramps they are pitch black so I need a lot of light. I typically back my boat in neutral so I was planning on just hooking into an upfitter switch (I have 2 left). Is there enough wiring in the stock package to run all the way up the frame to connect to upfitter harness under hood? Thanks again amigo - fantastic write up as always!

OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey man, good to see ya still around!

There's not enough wiring to reach up front to an upfitter. Not a big deal to extend it though. I wanted to keep mine on the reverse lights so I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting and leaving them on when I'm driving around and look like an *** with reverse lights still on LOL. I did wire them up to a switch in the bed though so I can flip them on anytime I want from the bed to light up behind me (helpful at the track or loading my trailer), then flipped back they just operate with the factory reverse lights.

*edit* oh and on the D2 vs dually, it wasn't worth the added cost to me for the D2's. The duallys throw a TON of light, way more useable light than I need with the backup camera, I actually want to switch to diffused lenses to spread it around a bit more, and throws more light further away than is even practical at night, I can never back up fast enough to need the light thrown that far, so IMO keep the money from the D2s and just get the duallys, and use the extra money for a light bar up front, or swapping the other trucks' lights to LEDs.

Last edited: