GEN 1 Marker/Clearance Lights blinking w/ turn signals? LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmillsner

Reaction score
Here's (maybe) a new one for y'all; I practically reached the end of the internet and didn't find anything like the issue I have now.

I just installed the following (brand for all lights is GTR):
1. Front turn LEDS
2. Front corner marker LEDs
3. 2x Rear brake/turn LEDs (all four lights in the back)
4. LED reverse lights

All the lights work, and I have disabled bulb outage in ForScan. I have no hyper flash issues. That said, all lights that blink came with in-line resistors (stock housing-->resistor-->bulb), so I threw them on as well.

I now see an interesting problem. When the headlight switch is in the OFF (or AUTO during the day) position, and I activate a turn signal OR the hazards, my clearance lights (front and rear), and license plate lights blink with the signals, at the same rate. They all blink together (never oppose each other). Additionally, when I activate a turn signal under the above circumstances, the opposite brake light illuminates slightly as well.

When I have the parking lights on or the headlights manually selected on, this does not happen.

I have not spliced or messed with any of the stock wiring whatsoever. Could the inline resistors be the cause of this? I know my way around a truck mechanically, but electrical is not my strong point. Would love to hear from anyone who's encountered this problem.

Thanks all!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is more than likely the resistors. The Gen 1 has been finiky with LEDs, has something to do with the BCM and how it operates. LEDs as cargo lights has caused a problem in the past. Maybe the forscan change with the resistors is causing the issue.

OP
OP
J

jmillsner

Reaction score
It is more than likely the resistors. The Gen 1 has been finiky with LEDs, has something to do with the BCM and how it operates. LEDs as cargo lights has caused a problem in the past. Maybe the forscan change with the resistors is causing the issue.
When I get back in town I’ll rip the resistors out and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks!

edit: what sort of problems with LED for cargo lights?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter