Replaced phasers twice now blown motor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So apparently ford is deciding wether to cover it partially or cover it fully… that’s what the service advisor relayed to me. I tried calling the tech advisor from ford co but he changed his work # ‍♂️

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from Ford & they said the best they can do is help me with 10k of the repair order.
I asked for a full work order with details of parts/labor which ill post on here later.
Ford said the dealership sent them a work order for 15k, but the service advisor told me 12k the other day. I understand then squeezing out every penny from Ford but i'm planning on shopping different service departments.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10k is a healthy offer for sure, hopefully a dealer can do it for something closer to that number. Good to hear that there is some progress with your claim. Hopefully you get back on the road by Valentines Day so you can take the wife out in style.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone’s help! I’m going to try to get ford to pay more and the dealership to lower the cost a bit. I feel a little guilty that I’m trying to squeeze ford to get more money towards the repair but ‍♂️

Rich E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read this post ... Oh man. Good luck with everything. I am also having dealer issues that I will post about soon.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate everyone’s help! I’m going to try to get ford to pay more and the dealership to lower the cost a bit. I feel a little guilty that I’m trying to squeeze ford to get more money towards the repair but ‍♂️
Tell them you will take it if they throw in an updated Cobb Tuner!! :Big Laugh:

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were at 63k on the OD right? If these engines are good till 200k (just a number for the illustration) then you used 31-32% of the life. So I think you should be okay with footing 30% of the bill. The way I see it. But I’m just a spectator giving an option.
I used the warranty on my Gen 1 a few times but never needed it on my 2018 and I’m at 110k now.

flwrappeder

Reaction score
damn dude. what a bunch of BS. I went through something like this with the wifes 2017 suburban, 2018, transmission went out at 30k miles, repaired under warranty, started slipping and going out again in 2019 at 63k miles. Well, chevy doesnt warranty, warranty work. so we traded it in on a 2019 denali, and that POS's water pump went out 2 weeks ago at 62k miles. 3 out of the 4 gm vehicles that i have owned, and the only ones i have ever owned, all needed transmissions repaired under 80k miles of use. traded the denali in on a new navigator 2 weeks ago. i put my foot down, there will never be another GM anything parked in my driveway, gave her the choice of an expedition, or a lincoln. I have never had a major mechanical issue with a ford like that. and i own and have owned, alot of them, even the 6-0. ford makes a good product i feel, alot better than most. People talk shit in their GMCs and Dodges "ford doesnt give any breaks" on their pricing. But look at what your getting. GM is the mobile home producer of automobiles, and IMO dodge is a close 2nd. Dont lose faith, sucks you got a bad egg out the gate, glad they're making it right.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
damn dude. what a bunch of BS. I went through something like this with the wifes 2017 suburban, 2018, transmission went out at 30k miles, repaired under warranty, started slipping and going out again in 2019 at 63k miles. Well, chevy doesnt warranty, warranty work. so we traded it in on a 2019 denali, and that POS's water pump went out 2 weeks ago at 62k miles. 3 out of the 4 gm vehicles that i have owned, and the only ones i have ever owned, all needed transmissions repaired under 80k miles of use. traded the denali in on a new navigator 2 weeks ago. i put my foot down, there will never be another GM anything parked in my driveway, gave her the choice of an expedition, or a lincoln. I have never had a major mechanical issue with a ford like that. and i own and have owned, alot of them, even the 6-0. ford makes a good product i feel, alot better than most. People talk shit in their GMCs and Dodges "ford doesnt give any breaks" on their pricing. But look at what your getting. GM is the mobile home producer of automobiles, and IMO dodge is a close 2nd. Dont lose faith, sucks you got a bad egg out the gate, glad they're making it right.

I love posts like this. So many times you hear people say GM is BS, Dodge is BS or whatever but when that statement is backed up with facts instead of feelings, I love it. Good post.