Remote Start - Three Blinks of Red Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on all of the people mentioning remote start won't work with any active DTC's.

Also, I can't remember for certain but I think you can only remote start the vehicle a certain number of times in a row before they require you to get in the truck and use the key once (then remote start would work again). I know it was true on older ones but I'm not sure about our trucks.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on all of the people mentioning remote start won't work with any active DTC's.

Also, I can't remember for certain but I think you can only remote start the vehicle a certain number of times in a row before they require you to get in the truck and use the key once (then remote start would work again). I know it was true on older ones but I'm not sure about our trucks.
May not be applicable for any of these scenarios but my wife had a Nissan and I couldn't get her remote start to work for months. Turned out she lost the other key fob inside the car. RS won't work with the fob inside the vehicle... At least on Nissan's. Haven't tried on the raptor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
May not be applicable for any of these scenarios but my wife had a Nissan and I couldn't get her remote start to work for months. Turned out she lost the other key fob inside the car. RS won't work with the fob inside the vehicle... At least on Nissan's. Haven't tried on the raptor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Remote start works with a fob in the truck, I do it regularly since I leave my key in the truck but want it warm in the am without going outside.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the hood is open, remote start will not work. There is a switch in the hood that when the hood is closed properly the switch is pressed down. So open the hood and close it again. Sometimes this will do it.

HoodedCobra

Reaction score
My remote starts with the key fob and the app. But if I press the lock or unlock button the red light on the key fob doesn’t even blink anymore. But it does blink red three times on the remote start and then turns green and the engine kicks on. But it doesn’t blink unlocking or locking buttons are pressed. When I first got the truck few months ago it did work. Idk why it doesn’t blink but only on tailgate drop or remote start

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter