Remote Start - Three Blinks of Red Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CCole77

Reaction score
Having trouble with my remote start. I get the three blinks of the red light and then nothing. Obviously I have consulted the manual and it is no help, just says the action was not "received" but no way to remedy it. The googler also was no help. I did just have an ADD stealth bumper and light bars installed. Any thoughts for the FRF world on a fix other than the obvious of taking it to the dealer. Thanks.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
press lock button first, then remote start button...in case you did not know

JD06

Reaction score
Had same problem. Disconnect the battery and set timer for 20 minutes. Re connect the battery and it should work. I had to do this twice. It resets the system.

jpv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue. Fob's wouldn't work, nor would the FordPass app. Everytime I tried, I would hear the truck make a few clicks...and nothing. Had the dealer look into it...they claimed they had to "repair some wiring". All fixed now.

Having trouble with my remote start. I get the three blinks of the red light and then nothing. Obviously I have consulted the manual and it is no help, just says the action was not "received" but no way to remedy it. The googler also was no help. I did just have an ADD stealth bumper and light bars installed. Any thoughts for the FRF world on a fix other than the obvious of taking it to the dealer. Thanks.

Grant

Reaction score
Is your fuel level low, I know of a few that wont run factory remote start if fuel level is low.

JD06

Reaction score
My dealers service manager explained to me that the remote start will not work when there are codes present in the computer, it's a fail safe mode that shuts off the RS. After my codes were addressed it now works fine .

Just a heads up, I was one of those guys that did some of the FORSCAN changes and pedal commander. The codes appeared after that. I reset FORSCAN changes back to stock and removed the pedal commander. The dealer told me that I had a bad throttle sensor and swapped out the complete throttle assembly, they checked and cleared all codes and all is running as it should.