Refridgerator/Freezer ARB or Dometic Advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to this Covid crap and several other things, I am going to have to drive back and forth from Vegas to NC several times this year. It looks like the previous gen ARB's just went down in price does anyone have one of these? How well do they work using the plug in the back of the center console? I am considering the 50qt version of the ARB or the Dometic.

When I drive across the U.S. I drive all day then sleep for about 8 hours per night.. Will this thing stay cool over night? I am not so hung up on the freezer, but I don't want the rest of the stuff to get too warm...

I am just looking to keep lunch meat, drinks and some fruit cold....

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should get a Yeti. Will hold ice for days and no power. Definitely will work for what you are describing. Half the price of ARB.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
After having done both the ARB 50 route as well as Yeti, I say get the ARB. There is no comparison. The ARB will keep your stuff cold. I have gone over a week with groceries in it and never had anything spoil on me.

charlieh313

Reaction score
Which ARB models went down in price? I was about to pick up a Dometic but interested in ARB if it’s a little cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CR Gittere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having done both the ARB 50 route as well as Yeti, I say get the ARB. There is no comparison. The ARB will keep your stuff cold. I have gone over a week with groceries in it and never had anything spoil on me.
Well I don't want to take the time to wire in the 12v from the battery, so I need to unplug it over night... How cold will it stay in a truck cab at night? If I get it really cold during the day then un plug it for 6 - 8 hours..