Recon Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $900 I could have the projector head lights, tail lights and 3rd break light. Damn I want 'em all!!!!!!!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would probably never come up, but keep in mind that the Recon 3rd brake light doesn't have the DOT-required 3 marker lights that our stock ones have. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or dissuade anybody, but just thought it might be something some of you hadn't considered yet.

(....says the guy with illegal tint, no front plate, and a currently muffler-less truck :jester:.)

OP
OP
KyKult47

KyKult47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look nice in the picture LOL

We see when I get them this week...

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would probably never come up, but keep in mind that the Recon 3rd brake light doesn't have the DOT-required 3 marker lights that our stock ones have. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or dissuade anybody, but just thought it might be something some of you hadn't considered yet.

(....says the guy with illegal tint, no front plate, and a currently muffler-less truck :jester:.)

Our 3rd brake light has 3 marker lights in it? I have go to the garage and look for myself - I've never noticed.

I'm back from the garage. Those are just the 3 very small red brake lights all stuck in the ugliest damn fixture I've ever seen.

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?...111BK-SMOKED-Ford-Raptor-F150-09-12&p_cat=32#

The Recon's have red lights too.... 6 of 'em. That has to be more legal then only 3.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Our 3rd brake light has 3 marker lights in it? I have go to the garage and look for myself - I've never noticed.

I'm back from the garage. Those are just the 3 very small red brake lights all stuck in the ugliest damn fixture I've ever seen.

Ford Raptor & Ford 09-12 F150 - Red LED 3rd Brake Light Kit w/ White LED Cargo Lights

The Recon's have red lights too.... 6 of 'em. That has to be more legal then only 3.

that's not the point. just like our grilles have the 3 indicatior lights, and markers at the front corners, the rear needs to have 3 indicator lights and rear markers. the 3 lights in the middle with markers on each side are the international signal for get the **** out of my way...and the only way our trucks are DOT approved due to their excessive width

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. I have the Recon 3rd brake light but they do lack those 3 markers. They are also a bit tricky to wire. Also, while the brake lights are greate, the backup light on that thing is super dim.

Someone else had their existing light smoked and it looks good. I'm not saying the recon is a bad product. But you may want to explore smoking your current light if you want to avoid cutting your wires up...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's not the point. just like our grilles have the 3 indicatior lights, and markers at the front corners, the rear needs to have 3 indicator lights and rear markers. the 3 lights in the middle with markers on each side are the international signal for get the **** out of my way...and the only way our trucks are DOT approved due to their excessive width

Exactly. The other difference is our little 3 markers in the 3rd brake light ALWAYS glow red when the lights are on whereas Recons only go red when you're hitting the brakes.

A cop would probably never notice the difference, but here in TX you'd also have to hope the guy doing your state inspection wouldn't notice either.
If Recon would make one with the 3 marker lights, I'd buy it right now. Stock clear look doesn't really appeal to me, if an aftermarket solution doesn't come out soon, I'm gonna smoke mine and leave 3 clear dots like Ducati brilliantly did.

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed all 3 Recon products - front projectors, 3rd brake and rears tails, all in black. It was an easy install, but the 3rd brake can be tricky as already mentioned. Had trouble with light output from the front until Recon sent me new 4600 bulbs. The rears in black look wicked! At first I thought they were too "pimped" up, but I gave it a few days and now think they're kool. Happy to supply pics to install help if needed.