Recaro seats vs Regular leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you don't see many Gen 2's with the Recaro seat option? Can someone school me on the differences please? I see the Recaro is blue and also heats/cools but beyond that, who knows?

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t like the cloth showing. I am messy and as much as I try, that pretty blue fabric will have various color dots before it’s a year old. And probably some chocolate melted into it.

I sat in one and couldn’t tell the difference with side bolstering but maybe I’m used to Recaro race seats.

And when are you gonna get your Raptor??

PNW_AJ

Reaction score
I have everything you can get except the seats just thought they were ugly and material would get dirty easily. Tho the blue detailing with the package would be cool

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully I can get it as soon as our King, I mean our Governor, makes a royal decree that my dealer can transfer it. The latest is maybe in another week or 2, because other states have been making sales. I found the alcantara has held up really well for me in one of my other cars. It's gray and it still looks great from 1998 with 110,000 miles and a bunch of those miles were when my kids were still in diapers. I always kept a couple of old towels for emergency clean ups.

Last edited:

Cory84

Reaction score
I didn’t like them when I first saw them, but I wouldn’t go without them now. They hold you very firmly in place, but are still easy to get in and out of. I haven’t had my Raptor on a long trip yet, but I would expect them to be less comfortable for long distances due to them being more on the firm side of things. It also includes blue stitching on the dash and steering wheel, as well as different trim pieces around the vents and shifter.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2017 Raptor. There were no Recaros then. I was very spoiled by thigh support, adjustable, extendable thigh support found in many sports cars, M cars, AMG, etc.

Having traded a Porsche Macan Turbo with amazingly comfortable 18-way adjustable seats, including adjustable thigh support for the Raptor, I immediately missed that feature and found the seat cushion too short. It made the seat uncomfortable. I traded that Raptor for a Porsche Panamera within 10 months. I then bounced from a 911 to another 911 and added a 2018 Platinum which had massaging seats. Why that’s not available in the Raptor is dumb.

When the Recaros were announced, I immediately called a dealer about 100 miles away in NJ who had one of the few on lot with them. I got a salesman on the phone, really nice guy named Lenny. I said Lenny, you got a tape measure? He said I’ll get one. I said good. Go measure the seat cushion on a Raptor with and without Recaros. If the Recaro seat cushion is longer, I’ll be there today to buy it. He called me back within a few minutes and said The Recaro seat cushion is 3/4 to 1 inch longer. I bought my 19 Raptor that day and drove it home. They are much more comfortable. As for the blue Alcantara, it’s ok, not my favorite, wish it came in all leather, but comfort trumps looks all day in my book.