switching from cloth seats to leather (border patrol truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red_mr2

Reaction score
hi guys, so as the post says im trying to switch from cloth seats to leather seats on my ex boder patrol raptor. i already purchased the front and back seats, which i think i got for a good deal. ($500). my major question is has anyone done this before and were there any issues i might run into. i dont expect the whole heated and cooled seat option to work but i want to make sure i dont get any dash lights (air bags). any help would be appriciated. my seats only have one main plug but i see the actual raptor seats have 2 big plugs. thanks guys

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi guys, so as the post says im trying to switch from cloth seats to leather seats on my ex boder patrol raptor. i already purchased the front and back seats, which i think i got for a good deal. ($500). my major question is has anyone done this before and were there any issues i might run into. i dont expect the whole heated and cooled seat option to work but i want to make sure i dont get any dash lights (air bags). any help would be appriciated. my seats only have one main plug but i see the actual raptor seats have 2 big plugs. thanks guys
to get power seats to work will take a lot of time and wiring. i believe the seats you have only have wires for airbag and seatbelt notification chime. getting power to make the power seats work requires quite a bit as each function on the seat requires a power connection. as far as aitbag, you can probably use the new one as long as you can clear the code and program it. (programming might not be required though.) would have to ask @FordTechOne about that