Recaro vs Leather Seat Lumbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kobe

Reaction score
Hi all, I owned a Gen 2 with leather seats and am considering a Gen 3 with Recaros. One thing that really bothered me about my Gen 2 was the seats, the lumbar always felt extended (even after modding the cable to make it fully retract) and hurt my back. The contours of the entire seat probably weren't a good fit for my body either.

If I get a Gen 3 I'm definitely going with the Recaros. I wanted to ask folks here who have experience with both seats whether the contours/lumbar area is the same on both seats, and the Recaros have the same issue with the lumbar support not fully retracting. I know my best option is to find a dealer near me with both seats... been looking for a while and haven't found one.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, three month old thread with no replies. Me to the rescue. Lol.

I had the regular leather in my first gen2, Recaros in the next 3, and now leather in my Gen3. I’m extremely critical of seat comfort everywhere, in vehicles, office chairs, sofas, dining room chairs. I’m just a snooty beeyatch when it comes to that.

Other than the 2017 leather seats‘ seat cushion being almost an inch shorter than the Recaros which caused me to trade in, I never felt a difference in the lumbar. In fact, I don’t feel the lumbar except when getting in after my wife drives. I then deflate it and can still feel it for a bit but it becomes unnoticeable.