Recall Notice (18S27)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am concerned with my local dealership’s attention to detail and care when tearing into my truck. I found this on youtube, looks like the official repair video from Ford, I highly doubt all are fixed in this manner.

I’m seriously debating having everything removed and doind the inside of the B pillars myself; before taking it to the dealership.

Verruckt

Reaction score
That's a pretty ****** fix if you ask me.

Ford could have came up with a kit to better solve this than some tape and grinding down the b-pillar trim :eek:

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like a pretty straight forward fix. I’m just not happy with them removing noise insulators without replacing it with anything.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty ****** fix if you ask me.

Ford could have came up with a kit to better solve this than some tape and grinding down the b-pillar trim :eek:

I couldn’t agree more, what is even crazier is my local dealer told me they have to source their own heat tape from amazon or lowes, and Ford will pay $2 for tape costs for 1 truck and .9 hour labor.

I get that you have to fix 2 million trucks as cheaply as possible, but forcing dealers to source repair material and then forcing them to rush to get it fixed just seems like we are gonna see alot of scratched to hell B pillars and half-assed tape jobs; hence my thoughts on doing it myself and just letting my dealer slap their approval on it.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
It seems like a pretty straight forward fix. I’m just not happy with them removing noise insulators without replacing it with anything.

Good point. I can get over the fact that this guy is a grown ass man running around in ******* sweatpants! Get some ******** pants SON! Ok rant over.

As long as you trust your preferred dealer then let them do it. Mine did a great job and I can’t even tell the difference sound wise.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t had my recall done yet, but I noticed that Ford handle their recalls in the cheapest method and could careless if it results in other problems as long as it resolves the safety issue.

I just got a black and white printed piece of paper in the mail with the correct wire color for the aux switches. I suppose I’m supposed to fold it up and insert it into the supplemental manual and hope the next owner knows what that is all about.

When they removed the noise insulator to resolve a potential fire hazard, I’m surprised they didn’t care to replace it with a non-hazardous material. Problem solved on their end.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a black and white printed piece of paper in the mail with the correct wire color for the aux switches. I suppose I’m supposed to fold it up and insert it into the supplemental manual and hope the next owner knows what that is all about.

Yeah we, on this forum, knew about that one year ago.

As far as the road noise, no I haven't noticed anything being louder. I typically have the radio on so no way would road noise be louder than my tunes. :)