Recall Notice (18S27)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received this also. I'm more confused than ever. I recently watched a YouTube video and the guy claims the upfitter wiring is the inside wires. The outside wires he claims go to the pass through and contradicting what Ford is saying. I may bring mine to the dealer and let their custom shop connect the lighting.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a bundle of wires near the batter in the engine bay. They are all (+). Connect your positive end of your lights to one of these wires and then ground it to the chassis and your lights will work. The problem is that the color codes in the Ford manual are all wrong—meaning you think you’re connecting your lights to Aux #1 when it’s going to another switch. The sheet of paper in the mail shows the correct color codes.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend you turn off the electronic media, go out to your truck and DO something to help yourself not look like a f*cking idiot on a forum.
Thanks, I did do that and can see what he was talking about. The thicker wires at the top are the one's for the upfitters. I'm not one to trust others, but I do some research before I start a project to get an idea of what to expect.

BTW I also checked the oil level while I was at it and it's right at the full mark with a little over 700 miles on it.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I did do that and can see what he was talking about. The thicker wires at the top are the one's for the upfitters. I'm not one to trust others, but I do some research before I start a project to get an idea of what to expect.

BTW I also checked the oil level while I was at it and it's right at the full mark with a little over 700 miles on it.

EXCELLENT! You passed the entry exam. You’re now the upfitter wiring expert, so stay ready to answer all related questions! Congratulations!