Recall Notice (18S27)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
News Flash.....my truck developed an air conditioner leak that caused water to pool on the floor. FORD just informed me that they plan to install a drain. lol

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up my truck this morning from having the work done. No negative side effects noted as of yet.

I hope none of us have to experience the situation that causes the tensioners to spark! Having a fire after a bad accident due to a faulty part is not good...

This might be the first time I will take one of my Ford pickups in for warranty/recall work in many, many years... sigh :angry94:

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No scratched plastics or rattles?

I haven’t looked at the panels close enough to see if there’s any scratches, but no rattles. In fact I think the tape job may have fixed a minor rattle I did have in the B pillar.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long for them to perform the recall fix? Do they need parts for the fix or just labor?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, most of the cars on the road use the same or extremely similar pretensioners, they are pyrotechnic so they emit sparks when activated.

I guess we can question the wisdom of using explosives to tighten a seat-belt but this is NOT a FoMoCo thing. Seems like Ford just got some flammable material too close to them is all?

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine fixed today. Also got my first oil change while it was in. It seems like they got everything back together without problems. No noises or anything.