Rear Tailgate Applique!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one sucks. Losing auto start stop, stuff like that, whatever, but losing the appliqué, man, not thrilled. Trying to get ok without it but really like it. Just kind of completes the look for me.

Oddly, I just got email from ford saying “Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.” Be nice if they said what the features were instead of leaving us to guess at it or ask our dealers if they know what it means.

I’m 2 months in from order (1/17). Wasn’t expecting it quick. Wasn’t expecting to have pieces of what I want chopped off though.

Worse problems out there - yea. Still aggravating though.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one sucks. Losing auto start stop, stuff like that, whatever, but losing the appliqué, man, not thrilled. Trying to get ok without it but really like it. Just kind of completes the look for me.

Oddly, I just got email from ford saying “Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.” Be nice if they said what the features were instead of leaving us to guess at it or ask our dealers if they know what it means.

I’m 2 months in from order (1/17). Wasn’t expecting it quick. Wasn’t expecting to have pieces of what I want chopped off though.

Worse problems out there - yea. Still aggravating though.
I didn't cut out anything! I still have all the options like start/stop and still will keep my appliqué. It's your truck! Keep what you want...why compromise!? Wait time will be longer but will be worth it. Im not in a hurry at all. Spray in liner will be done at dealer when mine gets delivered. Still waiting to get scheduled.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone doesn't want to opt out of the tailgate applique....I don't see why they couldn't ship the truck with the "holey" applique tailgate with no applique. Then when the appliques become available have your dealer install it.
This is a "holey" applique tailgate from a 13th gen F150.

ccb2d7d41_4615b24f436c8b5f6ca14126694bc318d28935ad.jpg

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone doesn't want to opt out of the tailgate applique....I don't see why they couldn't ship the truck with the "holey" applique tailgate with no applique. Then when the appliques become available have your dealer install it.
This is a "holey" applique tailgate from a 13th gen F150.

View attachment 346920
If I wanted the appliqué, I’d opt for this. Hell, they’re shipping trucks without fender flares that gets installed after the fact so why would this be any different? Me personally, this wouldn’t bother me driving around with a “holey” tailgate.

EatFreedom

Reaction score
I also got the call from my dealer asking if I would be willing to remove the appliqué on the tailgate. I said yes, then kind of regretted it. But after reading that it’d likely push delivery until 2023 I think I’ll stick with my decision.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After this thread came out, I called my dealer and had them remove the tailgate applique and graphics package (as I didn't want either, and it was already on the build they had allocated). The change was picked up by Ford, and they moved the build date up by a couple of weeks. Changes below:

Original scheduled to week of the Feb 28th (Jan 6th)
Scheduled to Day of Feb 26th (Jan 29th)
Pushed to the Week of April 25th (Jan 31)
Removed Applique and Graphics Package (Mar 16th)
Scheduled to Week of April 4th (March 18th)
Scheduled to Day Apr 7th (Mar 18th)
Sent to Plant (Mar 29)
:favorites37:
Not sure if the removal made a difference, but it did get me from having to remove the graphics package myself and putting up with the tailgate applique (I prefer the generic tailgate). Now to figure out what to do with my '17 Magnetic Raptor....

hassf

Reaction score
I have a truck coming this week with the Appliqué, its a dealer ordered truck. I would 100% rather have a tailgate without it. Black in Chicagoland if anyone really wants one.
You still have it available? I have a truck without it also in black I’m willing to switch.

hassf

Reaction score
I have a truck coming this week with the Appliqué, its a dealer ordered truck. I would 100% rather have a tailgate without it. Black in Chicagoland if anyone really wants one.
Is yours still available? I just got a new 2022 from the dealer in black and below is the tailgate it had to come with.

As I posted in another thread:

“I just got a brand new 2022 raptor with the moonroof and tailgate package. However, due to supply shortages, the unique raptor tailgate applique had to be removed in order to complete the build on time.”

My tailgate delivered today:

Attachments

• 34317B3A-22FE-4F95-85E8-5D3227B954F7.jpeg
    34317B3A-22FE-4F95-85E8-5D3227B954F7.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 81

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In 30 years think of all the one off and unique barn finds will be out there due to all this crazy-ness.