Rear Tailgate Applique!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redstapler7

Reaction score
Did you already have a vin and production date?

I could see this being the case for unscheduled builds. But again as I mentioned if you have a build date and a vin i would think ford sees they have enough to complete what is scheduled and that’s why this doesn’t apply to already scheduled orders
Nope, I’m unscheduled without VIN. Yeah hopefully those with dates and VINs will not be affected.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I’m unscheduled without VIN. Yeah hopefully those with dates and VINs will not be affected.

A guy in the Gen 3 FB group, who has a VIN said that his dealer told him he would need to remove it or risk being pushed to 2023.

Take that for what that's worth.

Last edited:

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy in the Gen 3 FB group, who has a VIN said that his dealer told him he would need to remove it or risk being pushed to 2023.

Take that for what that's worth.
I saw that also, and when a bunch of people have asked him for his build dates he hasn’t responded. So I’m curious if he ever actually had a vin or if the dealer was just telling him that

redstapler7

Reaction score
I saw that also, and when a bunch of people have asked him for his build dates he hasn’t responded. So I’m curious if he ever actually had a vin or if the dealer was just telling him that
It's going to be weird when I actually get the truck, not constantly looking at this forum for build updates but rather ideas of mods, etc.

TheMachinist

Reaction score
I also have been silently observing, put order in 2nd week of October for fully loaded 37 PP, never was a fan of the applique so deleted it from day 1. Was scheduled for the 24th of March but went into production last night and window sticker on the spot. Ford likely (probably) outsources their plastic molds to who knows what place/country. With everything happening today I'd say stay lean and mean, can't control fender trim but you have the option on this one.

Jmilleraz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have been silently observing, put order in 2nd week of October for fully loaded 37 PP, never was a fan of the applique so deleted it from day 1. Was scheduled for the 24th of March but went into production last night and window sticker on the spot. Ford likely (probably) outsources their plastic molds to who knows what place/country. With everything happening today I'd say stay lean and mean, can't control fender trim but you have the option on this one.
Your right on track though. Your truck should roll into production right around a week before your build date. So things are looking right on track for you!

TheMachinist

Reaction score
Your right on track though. Your truck should roll into production right around a week before your build date. So things are looking right on track for you!
Right on track sounds like music to my ears considering how I've been mentally and spiritually broken by this forum haha. Will update accordingly.