Rear Tailgate Applique!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
We received this today in regards to the Raptors we currently have on order! I am a Ford Dealer!!

The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going to be a heavily controlled commodity going forward. Below are your orders that have this currently on them. See if the customer would be willing to remove it so that it may schedule faster, otherwise that order may not schedule until the control is lifted (no time table as of when that will be currently). This option can be removed from orders by adding 66D “TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR ONLY” to the order. Please try to make these changes by Friday 3/18.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We received this today in regards to the Raptors we currently have on order! I am a Ford Dealer!!

The Rear Applique (standard on 801A) is going to be a heavily controlled commodity going forward. Below are your orders that have this currently on them. See if the customer would be willing to remove it so that it may schedule faster, otherwise that order may not schedule until the control is lifted (no time table as of when that will be currently). This option can be removed from orders by adding 66D “TAILGATE APPLIQUE DELETE - RAPTOR ONLY” to the order. Please try to make these changes by Friday 3/18.

Would this apply to those of us who are in production right now? I'm currently "in production"

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Thanks for posting. I've seen several posts on FB about this and was hoping it wasn't true.

Since you are a dealer, I have several questions. I'm coming up on 5 months with no updates. Ordered October 21, 2021. Ford Performance continues to say unscheduled, clean. I have gotten 0 updates from my dealership. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.

Are these the types of updates the dealer should be providing? My frustration lies more in the fact that they haven't communicated a thing to me. It'd be nice to know if my order has option constraints, there's no scheduling going on, etc.
Can I ask the dealership to reach out to the zone rep for an update?

I get more updates from reading the forums than I do from my dealer. How difficult is it to make a tailgate appliqué and why is it a "heavily controlled commodity." I'm not removing it from my order...

bzogster

Reaction score
Is this for scheduled orders or unscheduled only? Have 3/28 build date at the moment.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Thanks for posting. I've seen several posts on FB about this and was hoping it wasn't true.

Since you are a dealer, I have several questions. I'm coming up on 5 months with no updates. Ordered October 21, 2021. Ford Performance continues to say unscheduled, clean. I have gotten 0 updates from my dealership. I know a lot of people are in the same boat I am.

Are these the types of updates the dealer should be providing? My frustration lies more in the fact that they haven't communicated a thing to me. It'd be nice to know if my order has option constraints, there's no scheduling going on, etc.
Can I ask the dealership to reach out to the zone rep for an update?

I get more updates from reading the forums than I do from my dealer. How difficult is it to make a tailgate appliqué and why is it a "heavily controlled commodity." I'm not removing it from my order...
you probably don't have an allocation...Also 5 weeks of Ford not scheduling for new orders is also frustrating! Most of the people who ordered in Nov or Dec may never see their trucks tbh....For the past two months I've been hearing the same thing from FP, "we are nearly complete finishing oct orders (who have allocations)."

Last edited: