Rear suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shoemaker

Reaction score
I've got the same rattle (Icons) and it's driving me nuts. Didn't notice it until the weather got warmer and I started driving with the windows down, so not sure how long it's been happening. Curious to see if you find a solution.

OP
OP
zhengyucoo

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
I think it’s the rear bypass shocks are clicking and cluncking, I checked my brake cables, springs, exhaust, and torques, only thing haven’t check is the bushings, and put oem shocks back and test.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sent a video to raptor shock exchange guys and they didn’t know what it was and I called fox and asked if the shocks should make noise and they said no. ‍♂️

OP
OP
zhengyucoo

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I called fox as well, they said it should make clicking noises… wait what? Anyone else with fox3.0 factory race as well? Do they click and clack?

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Conventional bypass tube shocks will go "clicky clack"....Our internal bypass shocks will make no noise...
BTW ICON states that some of their external bypass tube shocks use a quieter check valve to decrease the "clicking"

OP
OP
zhengyucoo

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
Here is a better video.

Conventional bypass tube shocks will go "clicky clack"....Our internal bypass shocks will make no noise...
BTW ICON states that some of their external bypass tube shocks use a quieter check valve to decrease the "clicking"
I thought the fox 3.0 factory race is external bypass.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow I don’t mine makes that noise ! Mine sounds like loose spare tire thumping around

OP
OP
zhengyucoo

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
Wow I don’t mine makes that noise ! Mine sounds like loose spare tire thumping around

Guys I confirmed it, it’s the external bypass shock noises, I took one hr and replaced to the factory shocks, noises are completely gone. I guess icon is even louder in your case?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is
Guys I confirmed it, it’s the external bypass shock noises, I took one hr and replaced to the factory shocks, noises are completely gone. I guess icon is even louder in your case?
yours a 19? What did you replace it with ?