Rear slide window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken4570

Reaction score
So last week I noticed the windows were fogged up after a rain. I didn't think much of it since it had been 95+ outside and then cool rain hit it. The sun comes out (95+ again - fog disappears). We jump in for a grocery run and the humidity in the truck is awful....I was sure there was a window or something open...but nope....all closed. A short time later the g/f informs me she smells mold. When we get home we lift the seat and pull the rear mat and see MOLD and discover the carpet is soaked. I finally tracked it down I think! The lower left corner of the rear slider (view from the bed of the truck) has a gap in it. The seal almost looks rotten at the lower corner. Rainy season is here in South Fla. The truck is not garaged. I took pictures today and sent them to the dealership then taped the gap up. Has anybody had the dealer replace the seal? I'm still under warranty 2018/32,000 miles on er'. Just got it out of the shop for the valve covers causing white smoke to billow out from behind it. It got stolen while it was sitting at the dealership. It was recovered less than 24 hours later, cooling off in a grocery store parking lot. No damage to speak of...door handle was punched, interior trim damage mostly. My guess is the dealership did not wrap the key in the key box and bad guys were in it and gone is less than five minutes. My guess is one of those remote IR key boosters since no windows were broke and the window key box was missing along with the truck key. The dealer made good on all of it. No charge to put er' back to speck. It has been a bad year for the Raptor! :mad::banghead:

IMG_6958.jpg This is the first photo - what the original mold looked like. I put baking soda on it which is what is in the rest of the photos. I thought it was the door since it is mostly on the rear drivers side.

61739105869__CC562B7F-A68C-4810-867E-537A6E0E21DF.JPG IMG_7029.jpg
Baking soda Window - :( open view down into the track

61844726262__3936E865-764D-4E05-9FEE-97E3358FB649.JPG 61844719817__12C19703-EEA0-4731-9C83-36CD1AA49397.JPG

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The slide rail doesn’t drain into the cab when the window is fully closed. It’s a leak from an open slider or pano roof.

If you have a pano roof, you might want to see if the rear drain that goes down the drive side rear pillar is clogged.

If not, double check if your window was closed. Even the slightest opening there will allow water in.