Rear shock / brake shields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace my rear shocks, and looking at ways to protect my investment. While searching for shock guards, I ran across this video of custom shock / brake guards for an F-150. They look awesome, just don't know how feasible something like this would be on a Raptor. Would they just collect mud and dirt, causing more problems? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's feasible but ugly for desert use only. In your area all the snow and crap would just build up in there. I have a new set of shocks waiting to go on my truck as well, and the only reason I haven't installed them is I'm looking for a way to protect them as well. Subscribed!!

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of newer stock 2.5's and used Outlaw shock guards. I just need to have them powder coated. I thought these one (pictured), were pretty cool. Wish I could figure out how to embed a video, I thought it was supposed to be automatic?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of newer stock 2.5's and used Outlaw shock guards. I just need to have them powder coated. I thought these one (pictured), were pretty cool. Wish I could figure out how to embed a video, I thought it was supposed to be automatic?
I just want to figure out a way to protect mine without hiding them, after all I bought a raptor to show off! I was thinking of wrapping them in 3m clear vinyl.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like that guard would hold dirt / mud, and worst of all heat.
All are a combination for poor braking performance.

I would forgo the cover and be sure to clean them well by hosing them off after each off-road trip.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Last edited:

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score

I wish Outlaw would make more of the shock guards. You can't find them used either :(

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Go with the machine bellows sold by McKenzies off-road in Orange County, CA. I have them on my King Shocks and they work great!!

RAPTOR%20142-M.jpg

Got a link for these?

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish Outlaw would make more of the shock guards. You can't find them used either :(

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Got a link for these?

I just bought some outlaw shock guards, used. I got them from a guy in Canada for a decent price. I just want to have them powder coated before I install them.

If you serious about wanting to buy some, why don't you post a WTB thread? It's worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn