GEN 2 Passenger Side Rear Shock Roost Shield/Guard Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptortrav001

Reaction score
During 110 miles of off-road awesomeness last weekend, I managed to strike something and destroy the passenger side roost/rock shield on the truck. I can't seem to find a stock replacement one anywhere and need some help locating one. My plan is to replace it, add the aluminum shock guard from Foutz, and then the @Swarfworks shock guards on both sides (when they are available). I know there are other options out there but would like to run the factory plastic ones if possible. Thanks for any help!!

SHOCK.jpg

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During 110 miles of off-road awesomeness last weekend, I managed to strike something and destroy the passenger side roost/rock shield on the truck. I can't seem to find a stock replacement one anywhere and need some help locating one. My plan is to replace it, add the aluminum shock guard from Foutz, and then the @Swarfworks shock guards on both sides (when they are available). I know there are other options out there but would like to run the factory plastic ones if possible. Thanks for any help!!

View attachment 377471

From what i've been told and read, the plastic Ford/Fox guards aren't available on their own.

The newest option from Mr. Greg Foutz is his full replacement guard that replaces the plastic on that shock. It's what I plan to order in the next couple weeks when I swap out my current stuff for the eclik conversion.

BigTaco

Reaction score
From what i've been told and read, the plastic Ford/Fox guards aren't available on their own.

The newest option from Mr. Greg Foutz is his full replacement guard that replaces the plastic on that shock. It's what I plan to order in the next couple weeks when I swap out my current stuff for the eclik conversion.

This,
And I think the Foutz shock guards would be the best to go with as well.

Attachments

• AFEE117D-DBA5-4466-8E97-8FAE62128BB0.jpeg
    AFEE117D-DBA5-4466-8E97-8FAE62128BB0.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 42

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This,
And I think the Foutz shock guards would be the best to go with as well.

The foutz mount guards look great but I went with the SDHQ offerings because they are stainless instead of mild steel. Seeing the abuse they take, any kind of coating seems short lived and would need to be touched up often to keep rust at bay.

OP
OP
raptortrav001

raptortrav001

Reaction score
Thanks guys! My OCD-ness wanted to have a matching factory unit but that Foutz full-length replacement guard looks like the best option. Those SDHQ lower mount guards look good too!

BigTaco

Reaction score
You could hit the Foutz full replacement guards with some black Steel-It paint. It’s good stuff and lays down flat like a powder coat. It also touches up great as well.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could hit the Foutz full replacement guards with some black Steel-It paint. It’s good stuff and lays down flat like a powder coat. It also touches up great as well.

I use Steel-it for most things on my rockcrawler, awesome stuff for sure. I just wish it wasnt $40 a can!

OP
OP
raptortrav001

raptortrav001

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. My Foutz and SDHQ goodies arrived and I finally got them on. 2 trips on them now and the stuff is holding up super well. Pics are just after installation.

Attachments

• IMG-8442.jpg
    IMG-8442.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-8443.jpg
    IMG-8443.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-8440.jpg
    IMG-8440.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 21