Rear Cantilever for spring over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK .. this seems to be a radical design, def thinking out of the box here.

OK, so I have some questions. Please note I am NOT a shock expert my any means ... But most shocks I have seen are designed to work in an upright or vertical position. This cantilever design completely places the shock in a horizontal position. How does this affect the seals, fluid, gases inside the shock itself? Does it matter?

Last edited:
OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The shock itself operatates the same in any position. Pressure behind fluid allows for this. This is why you see shocks running shaft up and shafts down. The only thing that is changing is the amount of leverage on the shock which effects the valving efficiancy slightly. For every inch the axle end of the lever moves the shock end will move .75 approx. But if you look at the angle the stock shocks are mounted in this also creates a similar affect but to a slightly lesser degree at that angle. The valving for 3.0s is pretty close to being perfect for this set up- this is what I hoped for- Jury is still out though until offroad testing.

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got the final design done for the levers. New forward brackets are done and almost finished the new lever mount. Pics are coming

OP
OP
khcdave

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update

Here are some sneak peak pics of the design updates. Still finishing the lever mounts but I went a totally different direction with them. All 1/4 plate press bent. Levers are also updated and almost done- just need to add the outside plating. The forward mounts are also different- more compact

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    IMG_0854.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg