Rear Camera - poor resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone with access to a parts database...any difference in the part number? or if your 2010 cam goes bad do they replace it with a crappy 2011 version?

Was the 2010 in the Ford oval too?

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not watching any HD movies on mine, so as long as i can see my receiver hitch when im backing up to a trailer it works for me.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I have watched a movie on mine lol. Not too bad, screen was really clear. dust to glory sounds really good through the sony sound, especially when the trophy trucks start off the line. WOW

OP
OP
T

Tim Purtell

Reaction score
I should have been more clear. I have a 2011 Raptor SCrew. I have the Sony Nav system so the back up camera is shown on that screen (not the rear mirror). By the way, the sony screen is excellent with great clarity so we know it has nothing to do with that!

Thanks to BFR for the pictures - your crappy view is what mine looks like and we too have and Audi Q7, whose back up camera is crystal clear.

I think that Ford got a batch of bad cameras and they need to do something about them! Any help out there since my local dealer has no point of view?

Thanks.

OP
OP
T

Tim Purtell

Reaction score
Our Audi Q7 is an 07'. Nice car/SUV, but we have had multiple electrical problems - all fixed under warranty but it on our dime now. Im holding my breath waiting for the cost of the next problem ... our local dealer is very 'proud' of their service and feel like cost should be no issue!

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our Audi Q7 is an 07'. Nice car/SUV, but we have had multiple electrical problems - all fixed under warranty but it on our dime now.

Same here...'07 4.2 Premium. Wife has spilled more tea and coffee into the buttons than I can fathom. Seems original issues with the radio may have been unrelated (new amp...then a whole new controller...and I think a 2nd controller due to spills). Still my favorite SUV ever. ...but I digress.

Doesn't sound like a "bad batch"...sounds like they switched out the camera to a new model. I agree the LCD is great quality. It is just being fed a crap image. I wonder about just replacing the camera head. Really need a Ford Service Manual on this thing or a parts database that details all the sub-components involved so we can figure out a better option.

Or perhaps as you suggest...just bitch to Ford for a better cam.