Really want 37" tires, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Boss I've see heavy offroading done on 37s with cut stock fenders (bstoner) and it worked fine. Definitely some cutting but it turned out fine.

Off road you are going to really screw up your truck. You need to do some big time trimming. Rookies like this telling people that everything is good to go will end costing someone money...

DO NOT ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS---hard lesson from 25 years ago!!!!

I think that was his point, Steele16...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry but the statement I made is 100% correct. "Little" is a very subjective term.. Ivan Stewart would have a different definition than say you would..

Been there done that too many times with the rub thing.

I forgot your way is the only way. Won't let that happen again....

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot your way is the only way. Won't let that happen again....

Well I am glad you saw the light lol...

Seriously just do this little test then:

Turn wheel to lock or almost lock position then turn off truck, get out of truck and look at the position of the tire in relation to the closest contact points that the tire would come into contact with as the suspension goes through the full travel scenario.

Additionally, as the tire is transitioning to the full lock position you will notice that there are areas of the lugs on the tires and this is specific to the tires you are running that are very close to areas of the fender well. When in full travel full or even less the tire lugs will foul with the hard parts that will cause you trouble on the trail or just turning into a driveway. I hope that this is clear. I run stock fenders that have been cut on extensively by RPG and I am a use my 4wd truck as a tool person not as a off road event truck and am still careful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IronRaptor

IronRaptor

Reaction score
"Rookie" well Boss i should have known you would be policing my thread. I don't think you have even read the thread all the way through. I have said several times i have zero intentions of off roading this truck anywhere near its capabilities. So let me clarify so my rookie self does not cost anyone money. I took the truck down several logging and fire roads at moderate speed. I did not get out and measure but it had several pot holes between 7 to 12 inches deep and some washboard that a nissan altima was going over. I know this is a far cry from the baja 1000 you seem to run daily but it is all i can do with my wife in the truck. I have been four wheeling in jeeps for over 20 years so i know when to pull back. The truck will be fine if you use it the way i have described in all of my posts.

As for the gearing G&P that is the best upgrade i ever made to my jeeps and it is totally worth the money. I have been thinking about that myself.

On a side note i am sitting in the cascade mtn range right now. I was stationed over in Germany and hiked through the swiss alps several times and this place almost rivals the beauty of the scenery there. I highly recommend this area to everyone if you can make it out here.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IronRaptor.......I am running the same tire on my 2013 with the stock rims (beedlock wheels) and I love them so far (just turned 3000 miles) I have not had to do any trimming (yet) and no rubbing for me (yet) for street driving or dirt road running (I do not have any off road areas near where I live).

One thing for you to check with the stock rim offset is the clearance of the front 4WD vacuum lines....

On my truck I did have to relocate the 4WD vacuum lines that run next to the UCA's so they would not rub the Nitto side lugs.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Rookie" well Boss i should have known you would be policing my thread. I don't think you have even read the thread all the way through. I have said several times i have zero intentions of off roading this truck anywhere near its capabilities. So let me clarify so my rookie self does not cost anyone money. I took the truck down several logging and fire roads at moderate speed. I did not get out and measure but it had several pot holes between 7 to 12 inches deep and some washboard that a nissan altima was going over. I know this is a far cry from the baja 1000 you seem to run daily but it is all i can do with my wife in the truck. I have been four wheeling in jeeps for over 20 years so i know when to pull back. The truck will be fine if you use it the way i have described in all of my posts.

As for the gearing G&P that is the best upgrade i ever made to my jeeps and it is totally worth the money. I have been thinking about that myself.

On a side note i am sitting in the cascade mtn range right now. I was stationed over in Germany and hiked through the swiss alps several times and this place almost rivals the beauty of the scenery there. I highly recommend this area to everyone if you can make it out here.

Hey now that I know you are a Jeep boy I am humbled. I have a highly modified Jeep myself completely different kind of vehicle but a lot of fun. The truck is different---also by doing half assed modifications you do not help the resale value.

Hey don't get mad at me for telling the truth lol. Go **** up someone else's leg who doesn't know any better...:signs8: